Trying to find Lamb family - Hastings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find Lamb family - Hastings

Hi, I am new here and trying to trace my dads family tree. The only information I have is Kenneth Edward David Lamb born 1st March 1940 to Henry Lamb and Lilian Mary Lamb (nee Chambers) from Hastings if there is anybody out there that can help, best wishes Ann.
    ;)
    Last edited by Guest; 09-06-08, 09:49. Reason: Now given permission to put in names

Hi Ann

Here's the information you need to order the birth certificate from the General Register Office (GRO).

LAMB name removed (mother's maiden name Chambers)
    March quarter 1940 Hastings volume 2b page 50.

Shout if you need more help.
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 28-05-08, 23:07. Reason: name of person who may still be living
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi Ann

This looks like the marriage - Apr-Jun 1939 Hastings Vol. 2b Page 79
      If you get this certificate you should have the names of their fathers.

Keep asking if you are confused!
      Bridget

Comment

Hi Ann,
        Welcome to the forum.

Is your dad still alive, and if so, is he o.k. about you posting his details up on a public forum like this? You should be aware that the pages on this forum get picked up by search engines such as Google, so anybody putting your dad's name into Google would see this thread. So we have a rule against posting up living people's details unless you have their permission for it.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

That's a point, Kite. The birth is not a lot earlier than mine, and I'm alive and well. The grandparents could well be dead, but might not be.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi everyone, yes my dad and my grandparents are deceased and wouldn't put their names up otherewise. In fact there is not many of my dads family left and that is why I am doing a family tree and hoping along the way that I find any surviving members. I understand your concerns but made sure first of all what was expected of me on this forum, best wishes Ann

Comment

Thanks for confirming that, Ann. You can edit your first posting on this thread to put the names back in if you like.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
              X