Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• certs - how long?

hi,

anyone know how long certs are taking to arrive from GRO?

i ordered 3 on 17th and they are still not here.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

What was the estimated despatch date when you ordered them, Amy? I know they had some kind of hold-up a couple of weeks ago, plus then there was the bank holiday.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I ordered some last weekend but couldn't see a despatch date.
      Have they changed the format?
      Elaine

Comment

I ordered one at the weekend and I had a despatch date on mine - 3rd June.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Must have had the wrong glasses on then Kate!
          Couldn't see it at all.
          Anyway 3rd June sounds good - ordered 9 in total - and none for my tree! :(:(
          Elaine

Comment

I ordered one on the 21st May and the despatch date is today 28th so here is hoping I will get it soon

Comment

I ordered on the 25/5/08 despatch date the 2/6/08 do hope so cant sleep

Comment

Hi Amy!

I ordered three on 16th May, with a despatch date of 22nd May.

One arrived on the 21st May.

The next arrived on 24th May.

I'm still waiting for the last one (a death certificate). :(
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I was wondering if you seem to wait longer for death certificates it always seems the case to me the latest one i have ordered is a death certificate so I will just have to wait and see

Comment

The first that arrived was a marriage cert. and the next two death certs.
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:
                    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

i dont recall seeing a dispatch date. will give em a couple more days b4 i ring GRO.

thanks for replies.
                      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi I emailed the GRO about a late certificate and the auto response said that I may have to wait for up to 9 days before I would get a reply. The reason was a backlog of certificate applications and the resulting high level of progress chasing.

Comment

My third and last certificate arrived today.

It had an estimated despatch date of 22nd May.
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:

Comment

Re Certs How Long? mine are 12 inches!!!

Comment

I ordered 3 certs on 12 APRIL. One arrived in very late April and I rang early May about the other 2 and was told that they should be dispatched on 6 or 7th. They hadn't arrived by 12th so I rang again and duplicates were ordered. They still hadn't arrived yesterday so I made another phone call.

The nice chap Tom said that they had got stuck somewhere in system where they shouldn't have done and it took a bit of time to unstick them from the computer system but they had been made a priority and had been actioned "by the sausage machine" on 24th so i should get them soon. Well they arrived this morning! 6 weeks after ordereing them.

However one bit of info that Tom did impart was that it had nothing to do with family history research as that remained fairly constant now but it had everything to do with people applying for passports as nowadays you have to have a FULL certificate and of course children nowadays have to have their etc etc. He said as tip for the future don't order certificates in April!
                              Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Working...
                              X