A new family heirloom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new family heirloom

I've just successfully bid on Ebay for two framed prints lithographed by my great great great grandfather Thomas Bluett. :D:D

They are views of Sydney, part of a series produced 1842-3, and a few months ago six loose prints from the same series went for £2,800.00. My two cost £28 including postage, and I reckon they are worth at least £400 each. :p Probably more, because these two were regarded as superior to the earlier prints in the series. Even if they turn out to be modern reproductions I'll be delighted, but I don't think they are because I've found no evidence of a subsequent run. They were from Lake MacQuarie, near to Sydney where the series was originally sold.
    Attached Files
    Paul Barton, Special Agent

Hear my themetune on http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/dickbarton.wav

Well done Paul!

What a lovely find and Im sure if they turn out to be worth thousands you wouldnt sell them..

]

Comment

Brilliant Paul

How lucky are you!!

Lin
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

That's excellent news Paul

Comment

Well done you!
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

congratulations paul what a tresure brenda xxx

Comment

Fantastic, Paul. Some of my ancestors lived in Paramatta street.

Comment

Congratulations. So rewarding to have managed to get hold of something so specifically interesting to you.

Christine

PS - that seller has a number of interesting things in their ebay "shop" - or they did when I looked at lunchtime.
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                X