Avg 7.5 * Avg 8 Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avg 7.5 * Avg 8 Free

I am trying to help a friend install AVG8 but his Windows Vista is telling us that he has another program installed and the installation has failed.
    Grisoft sent him an email to tell him to upgrade and a link to their web site. When he used that it was the £39.00 version.
    He had AVG7.5 FREE on his laptop and had a message to say that he needed to update to version 8 by today (27 May 08). First I clicked on update but nothing happened. I have read a number of web sites today and some say you must uninstall version 7.5 others say it will overwrite but not for us.
    I have downloaded version 8.0 and saved it in a folder on the desktop. I have just tried again to install it and it now says some of the email scanning program may not be fully installed.
    Any thoughts on this please?
    Last edited by Margaret N; 27-05-08, 20:14.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

have pmd you Margaret

Comment

For what it's worth this is what I did on my laptop (Vista) and home pc (XP);

Uninstalled AVG 7.5,

Installed AVG 8 from this location AVG Free - Download installation files & documentation

I clicked on the Download from Server which is just under the larger "Download AVG Free 8.0"

Rebooted and had no problems

Comment

just tagging this as I need to down load the new one I think, as the version I have got comes up with an error when I have done a scan.
        Rose

Comment

Don't forget to click on UPDATES when you have installed the new version.
          I did mine yesterday and there was a fairly large update file waiting to be downloaded.

I have added an AVG8 tag to this thread to make it easier to find!
          Elaine

Comment

*tuts and smacks self on head*:(

It's not AVG I want, it's Adaware that I'm having a problem with

Didn't realise I'd got the wrong application till it told me to disable my other virus software!

*stupid, stupid woman*
            Rose

Comment

Thanks for the post Margaret and thanks MTA for the link.I have just changed to AVG 8. using the link above & it has all worked fine so far. I am using Vista.

Comment

Working...
              X