Old Family Photo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Family Photo.

Wonder if anyone can tell age of this very old photo please.

Sorry cannot manage to put it on
    Last edited by Mau at the Coast; 27-05-08, 18:22. Reason: reason for no photo.

Hi Mau

If you want to pm me, I will give you my email address and you can send me the picture and I will upload it for you
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Thanks very much for the offer Vikki. James has sent me his address so i've now forwarded it......what a palaver :o

Comment

Think I have it on now? Fingers crossed

Just titchy though........anyone identify age of photo. or dress please?

Comment

Well done worth all the trouble!!!

By the way never recieved the photo!

So could not post it for you
          Last edited by James; 28-05-08, 10:48.

Comment

Oh sorry! can't imagine why you haven't received it, mail posted okay from Outlook.

Well! 'managed' photo. onto here (in a fashion) but still no URLS showing beneath P/Bucket album photographs, very strange,still confused!!.........will persevere!!

I used to find it soo easy till they changed format (there again it probably still is):o

Comment

Hi Mau, I am finding I have to sign in each time I use PhotoBucket which brings up the full list

Comment

Here's a sad little 'chap'

What era did he live in?

Comment

Hi, your little one is late Victorian or Edwardian, wearing a dress with a sash, which means junior could be either sex. As he/she is on his/her own I don't like to be more specific. I've peered at the other pic and would say it appears to be late victorian. or edwardian again..;)

Comment

Thanks Barbara, I have just recently been given these.
                    My Granma was born 1890 and had her first-born in 1910,she was widowed in 1920 with 4 children. I'm wondering if this is her dressed in 'widow's dress'?

I'm also interested to know if little girl in first photo. could have been born 1917? or do you think it's earlier?

These are two of many, sadly, without names on back

Comment

erm Grandma has disappeared! The little one is I think more probably pre 1917, I would expect the outfit to go with an enormous hat.

Comment

Thank you Barbara. I've a lot more photos. and with big hats!

Comment

Working...
                        X