Oblong puter screen distorting pictures...advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblong puter screen distorting pictures...advice wanted

This is not urgent and is for a friend who has just got a new puter. It has a flat oblong shaped screen.

My own is more square. I have shown him how to do pictures on it and they are all distorted in shape by the screen.

I feel a bit sick in front of his screen because to me the letters and everything is slightly pulled sideways.

Is there something he should be doing or is this is it? He bought the puter new recently from someone who sets them up. I think he should go back to him.

Thanks...Liz
    Liz

Does the monitor have a menu of its own? Mine has a button that says "menu" and when you press it, you get lots of options to choose from to alter the display.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

He could also try changing the screen resolution. There is more info on these sites:

Distorted Photos on a Wide Screen
      Hitmill.com - Monitor Screen Resolutions
      Windows XP: Change your monitor resolution
      Windows Vista Help: Change screen resolution
      Sarah

Comment

Thanks folks. I also wondered if it was because we were processing the photos on Windows camera wizard. Have persuaded my pal to download Photoplus 6. when his dial up is free at weekends.

Will copy that info and take to him next time I can face it...Thanks again. Liz
        Liz

Comment

You need to find out the native resolution of the screen (check screen manual) and then go to Control Panel/Display/Settings tab and set Screen Resolution Slider to match.

General sizes

19" - 1440 x 900

22" - 1680 x 1050
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy - will add that to the info I have printed off for him.

Think the man who set up the puter for him should perhaps have done all this... Liz
            Liz

Comment

Working...
            X