Ftm2005 V Ftm2008?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftm2005 V Ftm2008?

I have got FTM 2005, is it worth me upgrading it to FTM2008? if so what do i gain and what do i lose?

I use my 2006 one all time but like the way 2008 gives you what relasionship the person is to you ;;but you dont get free home page with 2008 and few other things
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

2006 will tell you the relationship as well babs.

I think a few people on here didn't like it at the beginning, as some of the things in 2006 were missing from 2008.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Oh Wendy how do you do that didnt know that ;;;see still learning after 3 yrs ;;

Comment

Its "Tools/Relationship Calculator" Babs. Change the names of the people you want to check and it will calculate the relationship for you.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Wow thanks for that Wendy , thats whats so good about this site think I learn something every day ;;;I like the map part of 2008 but its all USA based which is shame ;;

Comment

I pre ordered the 2008 cos I thought it would have so many improvements - put it on my puter and then hated it. As you say Babs, I thought the mapping of your ancestors would be great except it had such silly errors - it had my GGFx3 being born in Aglab, China. I didnt bother to update the 2008 and when I changed puters I havent even put it on here, Im still using my 2006.

Comment

I have FTM16... dont know what year that is lol. I put it on my computer but I hardly use it. I use PAF5 and tribal pages.
                I’m no genealogist …
                Until this year I spelled it “GeneOlogist!"
                ;)

Comment

The trouble with software

... is that software writers don't seem to understand that for people with real lives to lead having to learn how to achieve exactly the same result in a completely different new way is a real pain. My advice would be that unless 2008 provides some facility you haven't got now, and need or want, changing over to it would be a waste of money and, more important, time.

Comment

Working...
                  X