Help reading will please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help reading will please

I think it is dated 1788 so it is pretty difficult to read.

If you can help & would like me to email it to you, please send me a pm.

Thanks!

Joanie

Joan

you can email it to me but I'm just about to switch off for the night so won't be able to do anything until tomorrow. Probably the evening but maybe during the day if I can make it look like proper work.
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Thanks Zoe

There's no rush I think it's 3 pages long

Will send you a copy.

;)

Joanie

Comment

Originally posted by Joan of Archives View Post
        Thanks Zoe

There's no rush I think it's 3 pages long
        I'll need to find my glasses then

I'm switching off now because if i"m awake when it arrives I'll have the urge to do it straight away. Got to be up in 6 hours so that would be a bad bad thing
        Zoe in London

Comment

Originally posted by samesizedfeet View Post
          I'll need to find my glasses then

I'm switching off now because if i"m awake when it arrives I'll have the urge to do it straight away. Got to be up in 6 hours so that would be a bad bad thing

:D:D:D

Go to bed Zoe !! Lol !!

Joanie

Comment

In the name of God Amen
            I Samuel Hucks of the parish of Saint Mary Magdalen Bermondsey in the county of Surrey cooper being weak in body but of sound and disposing mind memory and understanding praised be to God for the same but considering the uncertainty of this transitory life and for avoiding of controversies after my decease do make publish and declare these presents to be and contain my last will and testament in manner and form following that is to say I direct that all my just debts funeral expenses and the charges of proving and executing(?) this my will be first fully paid and satisfied
            Then as to such worldly estate and effects wherewith it hath pleased Almighty God to bless me with I give and bequeath the same as follows
            To my dear wife Mary Hucks the interest and dividends which shall from time to time become due on the sum of six hundred and sixty six pounds thirteen shillings and four pence th??? per ????? bank annuities standing in the books of the governor and company of the Bank of England for and during the term of her natural life and from and after the decease of my said wife I give and bequeath the interest and dividends thereof unto my daughter Ann Mary H???ward for and during the term of her natural life and for her own sole use and benefit and without being subject ti the debts control or engagements of any husband she may at any time hereafter happen to marry and her receipt alone shall be a sufficient discharge to my executors herein after named for the same and from and after the death of my said wife and the said Ann Mary Ho??ward I direct that my executors hereinafter named or the survivor of them or the executors and administrators of such survivor do and shall sell and transfer the said principal sum of the six hundred and sixty six pounds thirteen shillings and four pence and the money arising by such sale to be equally divided between the children of my said daughter Ann Mary Ho???ward as shall be living at the time of her decease in equal shares and proportions and if but one child of my said daughter shall be then living then to pay the whole of the monies to arise by such sale as aforesaid to such only child
            I give and bequeath unto my said wife Mary Hucks and my son Samuel Hucks all my stock in in trade implements tools and utensils thereunto belonging which I shall be possessed of at the time of my decease in equal shares and proportions upon condition that my said son Samual Hucks shall carry on the trade or business of a cooper on co-partnership with my said wife and to pay or allow my said wife on moiety or half part in the net profit or gain arising thereby for and during the term of her natural life and from and after the decease of my said wife the I give and bequeath all such stock in trade utensils tools and implements which shall then be in upon about and belonging to the said trade or business unto my said son Samuel Hucks to and for his own profit use and benefit but in case my said sin Samuel Hucks shall refuse to carry on the said trade or business in co-partnership with my said wife or shall happen to die in the life time of my said wife that then and in either of those cases my will and devise is that all the stock in trade tools implements utensils and things thereunto belonging shall be sold and disposed of and the money arising thereby after payment if the partnership debts shall be equally divided between my said wife and my said sin Samuel Hucks in equal shares and proportions if he ??? shall be living and refuse to carry on the said trade in co-partnerhsip with my said wife as aforesaid or if he shall die in the life time of my said wife the his moiety or half part is to be paid to such person or persons and in such manner and form(?) as my said son shall by his last will and testament in writing direct and appoint and for want of such direction and appointment then such moiety to be paid to such person or persons who shall be entitled to the same according to the Laws of distribution of intestates estates and as to all my household goods plate linen china ready money securities for money(?) books debts and all there residue and remainder of my estates and effects of what nature or kind soever or wheresoever which I shall be possessed of interested in or entitled unto at the time of my decease I give and bequeath the same and every part and parcel thereof to my said wife Mary hucks her executors administrators and assigns to and for her and their own proper use and benefit
            And Lastly I do hereby make ordain constitute and appoint my said wife Mary Hucks and my said son Samuel Hucks executor and executrix of this my last will and testament hereby revoking and making void all former and other will by me at any time heretofore made declaring these presents to be and contain my last will and testament in witness whereof I the said testator Samuel Hucks have to this my last will and testament contained and written in two sheets of paper set my hand and to the last sheet both my hand and seal and I have also affixed my seal to the ribbon that fastens the said sheets together at the this twenty seventh day of September on thousand seven hundred and eighty eight
            Saml Hucks ~~~
            signed sealed published and declared by the said testator Samuel Hucks as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us who in his presence at his request and the presence of each other have set and subscribed our names as witnesses to the due publication thereof on the day and year above written
            Willm Calver
            W Loxley
            from Bu???bury London

This WIll was proved in London the twenty ninth day of October in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty eight before the worshipful John Nicholl Doctor of Laws surrogate of the right worshipful Sir William Wip??? Knight also Doctor of Laws master keeper or commissionary of the prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted by the oaths of Mary Hicks widow the relict and Samuel Hucks the son of the deceased and executors named in the said Will to whom administration was granted of all and singular the goods chattels and credits of the deceased having been first sworn duly to administer.
            Zoe in London

Comment

wow! Ive not heard any old wills before! thats awesome!!
              I’m no genealogist …
              Until this year I spelled it “GeneOlogist!"
              ;)

Comment

Working...
              X