Can we try another Firth please???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we try another Firth please???

I totally understand if you have had enough of the Firths..I am getting that way myself!! But I would like one more try with another son who I cannot find after 1881.

This is Francis Firth...named after father Francis G Firth
    Francis Junior born 1868 mother Elizabeth Ann Firth.

In 1881 living in St Alban Street Leeds.' then whoops..gone!!

So if anyone can find him in 1891 or 1901 I would be thrilled to say the least!!

I am trying to follow up the male line of this family. I have found another son Arthur but have no proof even that he the right one.

Gracias

Brenda

Hi Brenda, where was Francis Jr born?
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Sorry....Born in Leeds, Yorkshire in 1869 according to IGI although his age is given as 12 years.
      Thanks

Brenda

Comment

Do you know for sure he was alive after 1881?
        Vikki -

Comment

Hi No, but I cannot find a death either! Could have emigrated I suppose.

Brenda

Comment

Well I have tried in 91 and 01, and come up with nothing, Sorry. There is always the possibility he joined the merchant/Royal Navy/Armed forces.

One of my great great grandfathers appears on the 1861 census only. Born Sept 1851 joined at 18 and doesn't appear in the UK again, its only the fact that he had 12 children I know he was alive!!!!!
            Vikki -

Comment

Thanks for trying Vikki, odd not to be able to find either son!. I thought I had sent for the mothers will, but it is the death certificate I have sent for.

I will have to see if I can get a probate look up for Elizabeth and then send for the will if there is one. I have been sending for wills without the probate look up and have been wasting my money.

I could do with some time in the Central Library Leeds to do some lookups there.

Will have a break from the Hirsts I think!!!

Thanks to you and everyone else on this great site who have spent so much time helping me...I will be back...not with the Hirsts though!!

Brenda

Comment

This is seemingly his birth
                Francis George Firth 1868 Apr-May-Jun Leeds
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Nell

Yes I have that, I have him in 1871 and 1881, but then...nothing..Vikki has looked in 91 and 01 and cannot find him, so a dead end I think!

Strange not to be able to find any trace of either son...ah well cannot win them all!!

Can't say we have not tried.

There was another son Arthur born 1872 in Leeds and I have a marriage for an Arthur Firth so I think I will send for a marrriage certificate for this Arthur to check the parentage and confirm that it is the correct son and try to follow this line.

I have this Arthur in 1901 which is a good sign, but not in 1891, if anyone fancies having a look to see if he is with the family in 1891 I would be grateful. The rest of the family were living in Pudsey Yorkshire in 1891, Arthur would have been 19 so could have left home.

Brenda

Comment

Working...
                  X