can you please find any info on the family of liverpool befor andrew died
    1911.iwas told they were from sweden originally but i do not know how far
    back,thankyou molly;)

Hello Molly,

Welcome to Family Tree Forum!

Is this post about the Dahl family?

We found Andrew Dahl here in 1901 with his second wife:

RG13; Piece: 3415; Folio: 44; Page: 33

And we found his son separately....just have to go and find the ref......

Comment

Here:

RG13; Piece: 3423; Folio: 148; Page: 5

He's with his grandmother who is listed as aged 40, but I think that perhaps should have been 70 as I saw her on the 1861 census when Andrew was only 3, but apart from noticing she and her husband were both from Ireland, I don't remember any more, so will have to take another look!

Comment

yes its the same family,is this on bmd thankyou molly.

Comment

Do you have access to Ancestry, Molly?

This is Andrew aged 3 with his parents, Moses and Ann.

RG9; Piece: 2652; Folio: 91; Page: 23

But luckily in the next census (1871) Moses has remembered that he was born in Sweden and not in Ireland!!

RG10; Piece: 3768; Folio: 100; Page: 20

At this point Moses is aged 44. We know Ann was a widow by 1901, but I can't see a death for Moses in between yet.

Comment

no access to ancestry i am new to research,thankyou molly

Comment

Oooh, blimey....I'm not sure my typing is up to replicating all these pages!

Ann Dahl's husband, the Swedish one, obviously isn't called Moses....his name is transcribed as Moses more than once, probably because it looks a "best fit" in English! He has a son with the same first name, so I'm looking for a birth reg to see if i can work it out!

Comment

Ann Dahl was married in 1871 and a widow in 1881:

RG11; Piece: 3606; Folio: 57; Page: 15

(I'll worry about getting the pages to you later, Molly!)

Her son with (apparently) the same name as his father was registered as Morris Dahl in 1864. There's a marriage for a Maurice dahl which might be the same man, in 1884, so the name is fairly flexible, but I still can't find a death for Ann's husband. Still looking.............

Comment

Ah, here he is.....

Deaths Dec 1874
                  Dehl Maurice aged 44 Liverpool 8b 203

I hope that's him....he's still the same age he was on the 1871 census! Ann's age fluctuates quite a lot though, so it's probably nothing to worry about.

Comment

merry thankyou for helping molli she is over the moon with your info,i have tried to talk her throigh the boards im of to bed now and again thankyou have a good night brenda xxx

Comment

This could well be the birth record for Andrew, son of Maurice and Ann:

Births Jun 1858
                      Dall Andrew Liverpool 8b 48

This birth certificate would tell you Ann's maiden surname which might make finding the marriage for Maurice Dahl and Ann a bit easier......

Comment

Night bren!

Comment

i,m sure this is the right Dahl,but i notice how the name is sometmes spelt differant
                          but i believe this often happened those days.What happened to Andrew,s brother Thomas,thankyou again Molly.

Comment

Originally posted by Molly View Post
                            i,m sure this is the right Dahl,but i notice how the name is sometmes spelt differant
                            but i believe this often happened those days.What happened to Andrew,s brother Thomas,thankyou again Molly.
                            Oh dear....I haven't seen a brother called Thomas on the 1861 1871 or 1881 census :o

Comment

Molly, why dont you take a 14 day free trial with ancestry.co.uk? You would be able to use it non stop 24/7 - you can cancel it before the 14 days are up but if you are anything like most of us, you will sub to it for a year.

Comment

in one of the messages you sent to bren there was a Thomas mentioned,i have loads to ask you but i will give you a rest now its getting late,goodnight Molly.

Comment

Hi Molly

What happened to Andrew,s brother Thomas,
                                  Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                                  Oh dear....I haven't seen a brother called Thomas on the 1861 1871 or 1881 census :o
                                  in one of the messages you sent to bren there was a Thomas mentioned
                                  Molly, In your first comment above, I thought you were talking about Andrew the son of Morris and Ann as that was the Andrew I had been talking about on this thread. It was only after I went back to the other thread that I realised that Andrew had sons named Andrew and Thomas as well as the one I was aware of (William Douglas). This Thomas here that fiona mentioned:

Originally posted by fiona c View Post
                                  This is Andrew and Mary in 1891 with children Thomas 9 and Andrew 5, transcibed as Dall.

RG12; Piece: 2949; Folio 49; Page 45
                                  You asked what happened to him......it looks as if he may have died:

Deaths Jun 1895
                                  Dahl Thomas aged 13 Liverpool 8b 72

Comment

Hi all,just read message concerning sons of Morris & Ann,thanks i am going to go on
                                    ancestry tonight see what i can find now i have got pages to look at.There is a mystery
                                    i hope i can find out about maybe you can help.the said William Douglas Dahl my Grandfather,as my father Andrew Victor Dahl born dec 12 1914 was told died in Canada
                                    while away at sea but years later was alive and living in Australia,so i ask myself did he
                                    fake his death but if he went into the army maybe this might be what happened to him
                                    my father lived with an aunt from age 5-14 so did not have contact with either parent
                                    and went back to live with mother no father,
                                    Molly.

Comment

Molly..did you take the Ancestry trial? Was it the Worldwide trial?

I'm not sure which ones are available for free trials at the moment. There are some Dahls in Australian records, however, you'd need to check they are the same family.

We had people come from all over the world and quite a lot anglisised their christian names, so there are many with the common names of the times.

It still happens......my favourite Chinese takeaway is run by Patrick and Brenda, both have a very strong Chinese accent.

Comment

i was thinking if there are no records of his death here it could be true,but when my father used to tell me these stories obviously it was only what he was told.But he tried to find out if there was any records of him in Canada through friends living there,came up with nothing though either dead or alive
                                        Molly

Comment

Working...
                                        X