X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambridge Archives

newish press release
    Cabinet Gives Green Light To Hunt For New Cultural Base

looks like not going to have new archives base in Station Road (handy for station
    But they have refurbished archives at Shire hall

Cambridgeshire Archives: open again after refurbishment
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

I need to visit the Cambridgeshire Archives cos they hold Wills and I have recently heard that one of my times rellies left a will
    Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

Oooo Station Road sounds like it would have been near the train so that would have been ideal for me.

I need to go there to look at some medical records. I don't expect they have a car park do they?

I don't think it is anywhere near the station at the moment & the traffic around Cambridge if awful!!

Does anyone know of a Park & ride nearby?

Joanie

Comment

There are park & ride schemes but I don't have details.

I do know there is no bus that goes from the station to Shire Hall. There's buses that go to the town centre and ones that go to Shire Hall from town centre, but not one that goes the whole way.

I hope when they do move it will be nearer the station.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Grow old gracefully and get a bus pass!
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
            Grow old gracefully and get a bus pass!
            No chance of that Uncle John I intend to grow old totally disgracefully, lol !!

:D:D;)

Joanie

Comment

Yes the proposed new Archive Centre would have been within feet of the railway station! However not to be, probably does not make enough money for Cambridge!

I am not up to date with all bus information as only use my local ones or cycle but if coming by train the following applies equally as well.

Park on any of the five Park and Ride sites and travel to the City Centre, you are within a mile and a half of the Shire Hall, about 20 minutes walk through the city, and via one of the oldest streets, Magdalene Street, over the river etc., loads of cafes, so well worth a look anyway.

There is a small car park at the Shire Hall so could be lucky or not! There is meter parking in some nearby streets but that is difficult if you do not know the area. Would not recommend parking in the city centre car parks.

Phone Archive Centre first to ensure space especially if need to use machines.

Ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fi & Lilly View Post
                I need to visit the Cambridgeshire Archives cos they hold Wills and I have recently heard that one of my times rellies left a will

Fi, have you tried contacting them to see if they can give you a quote for sending you a copy of the will? Most record offices will do this pretty cheaply - cheaper than you travelling there!
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                X