Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance of a Probate Calendar look-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of a Probate Calendar look-up?

Does anyone have time to do me a Probate Calendar look-up?

I've made a bit of a breakthrough - I'm pretty sure I've found my cousin's uncle, who vanished, along with his father, around 1912. Family legend said his father was on the Titanic, but he's not on the passenger list, and we're pretty sure it wasn't true.

If I've got the right person, he died in 1972, and the Official Solicitor placed an ad in the Times in 1973, looking for relatives.

He isn't listed on the Bona Vacantia site, probably because the claim period has now expired, but I was curious to know if any relatives were ever found and who they were.

He died in Staffordshire, but if the Official Solicitor took out letters of administration I assume it would have been done in London.
    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 24-05-08, 08:34.

Ooh, sorry, Mary, if it was before 1969 I could look it up for you, but my local Record Office doesn't have the 1970's.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Ah, never mind - I wasn't sure which dates local Record Offices would have. Thanks for letting me know, anyway.

If nobody has a Record Office with recent dates, I'll tell my cousin to try a search at York.

I'm kicking myself about this - I've had the cutting for 2 years, and only just realised it relates to the missing uncle.

Comment

There is a probate office in Manchester. I visit Manchester fairly regularly and I will gladly check with them next time I am there to see if they have this info.
        Please let me have full details and I will see what I can find out

Comment

That'd be great, holcan, thanks very much.

I'll send you a PM.

Comment

OK
            Have not received message as yet.

Comment

Working...
            X