How Does it happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does it happen?

I just had a very plesent message over on GR from a man interseted in a lady born 1920 he gave me her name and politly asked if it could be the same one as in my tree, ok fine your thinking..... only trouble is I don't have anyone of that name or even close in my tree?!? How does this happen?

Did he give her name in the body of the message or only in the heading?

I often get messages with totally fictitious names at the top, but that's not who the message is about! I think it's a GR bug thing :(

Comment

No Merry he put the name in the message as well as her married name, ive checked and rechecked my tree as i know i can be quite absent minded! lol but i usually remember names that are on it its only got 130 and I don't recognise the name at all, I have sent a reply asking how he got the info but not had a reply yet.

Comment

Kelly

Who amongst us mere mortals can fathom the deep and complicated psyche of GR and its programming?

OC

Comment

LOL OC im glad its not just me that gets very confused by the whole thing!

Comment

kelly, It's possible the lady in question is still alive, so if you want to, pm me her maiden name and your GR name and I'll have a look and see if her name shows up as one of yours on the search........

Comment

Thank you Merry I have pmed you if I don't answer strait away Im not being rude I have to pop out to collect my son from football x

Comment

Kelly,

perhaps he's working backwards. Maybe he knows the woman had a daughter called Kelly, who married a Smith!!
                ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

The name Kelly sent me does show up as one of hers!! lol

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

I don't htink I have deleated anyone with that name and it is defenately not on my tree now Im very confused now!! must dash BRB x
                    PS thank you Merry

Comment

Maybe the tree owner is Kelly but that Kelly isn't you? Perhaps the link just goes to you.......

Comment

I will never understand GR Merry perhaps at one point I did have the name on my tree but it dosn't ring any bells??

Comment

Working...
                        X