Parish Church Tipton Staffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish Church Tipton Staffs

Just received a marr cert and it says Parish Church Tipton.

Any one know please if this church has a name?

]

Does this help?
    GENUKI: Tipton St Martin
    Elaine

Comment

Better check this as well as there a few parishes in Tipton.
      GENUKI: Tipton
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine,

Looks like its St Martins then..

]

Comment

Check the second link as well Light as there seems to be other parishes!
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            Better check this as well as there a few parishes in Tipton.
            GENUKI: Tipton
            Thats what I read when I 1st googled it, its a bit confusing lol..

]

Comment

Just as a matter of interest.

St. Martins (Pepperbox) Tipton. is now a house.
              Daughter has taken a few photos of it but has not put it on POW, as she would like to get the owners permission, and he wasn't at home. She works with the owners nephew who doesnt think it will be a problem.

Check this out
              cravendunnill grand designs st martins church tipton ceramic tiles tile distributor
              Last edited by Pamdidle; 23-05-08, 13:37.
              Pam

Comment

Pam is the Parish Church St Martins then?

Its Roseannans marriage cert to the Goldstone bloke and Father of Roseannah Is Samuel Flavell Yeahhhh, one down 3 million to go :D

A pic would be nice..

]

Comment

Think so Denise. I have a diect marriage there as well, thats why we went. (Not Flavells lol)

Check link above
                  Pam

Comment

I was just reading it Pam.. thanks..

Its a great building, I bet it was a lovely old church,,

]

Comment

My G-g-parents were married there in Dec 1862. I was able to get a copy of the register entry from the records office.

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

hi

hi, just found out my great great grandparents got married there too!!!
                        Elizabeth Barnfield and William Wright in 1890. Didnt know my relatives came from tipton, i was born in oldbury, my parents are from west bromwich ( dads family are from wales). but i didnt know we had links to tipton. amazing!!

Comment

My gg grandparents were b in Tipton in 1826, so perhaps baptised there??
                          I have never been to that area so it is interesting to read about it.
                          They were my Morton family and moved to Scotland in the early 1850's.
                          I am pretty weak on the English side of family history so I am always pleased to see the area mentioned.
                          I really must look further and try to find out more as I don't even have my gg grandad's baptism for 1826. Perhaps I will have to plan a holiday in that area sometime to find out more.
                          Thanks.
                          herky
                          herky
                          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                          X