Looking for a baptism in Appleby Lincolnshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a baptism in Appleby Lincolnshire

Does anyone have access to Appleby PRs? I am looking for the baptism of Elizabeth Marshall c1789. I don't know anything more about her family, but Jane Marshall was one of the witnesses at her marriage & could be her sister. Many thanks
    Lynn

Marshalls in Appleby

I wonder if "my" Margaret Marshall is connected to your Marshall family?

George Cavill 04 Mar 1764 Appleby, Lincoln, England Father: GEORGE CAVILL Mother: MAGARET Extracted christening record Batch No.: C026561

There was a marriage for a George Cavill to a Margaret Marshall 25.1.1756 in Appleby.

I am trying to see if this is the same George Cavill as my 3xgt-grandfather.

Regards
    Diana

Comment

There is an IGI record showing baptism 1787 in Crowle, Lincs for Elizabeth,
      Marriage to James Pettinger in 1826,
      Death in 1854
      if this has any relevence for you?

Comment

Elizabeth Marshall

on IGI.
        Christening 17/8/1784, Applelby, Lincs.
        Death 11/3/1785
        Parents, Joseph & Mary Marshall.
        Not the one if married but could be they had another child named Elizabeth ?

Comment

Redacted
          Last edited by Penelope; 06-01-09, 14:47.

Comment

I had totally forgotten I had asked this question :o.
            Diana, I can't tell whether there is a connection between the familes as the details I gave are all I know about the family.
            Elizabeth married Edward Anderton in Barton upon Humber in 1804 & I have details of the family after that, but nothing before.

Argh!!! I've have just been looking at my info & I can't see why I thought she was from Appleby! :o When she married, she was "of the parish" & in the 1851 census she is listed as being born in Barton :o
            *Slinks off embarrassed*
            Lynn

Comment

I may or may not visit GRimsby library tomorrow. Depends on the weather etc. And shopping for mum
              If you pm what you want looking up I will see what I can do.

Comment

just to let you know for future reference the grimsby library does not have the parish records for Appleby. I went there today but was out of luck. They siad you would have to try the Lincoln library.

Comment

Working...
                X