Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA? 22nd May 2008 is......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of WDWTYA? 22nd May 2008 is......

jennie!

Well done.........*puts on hard hat and gets hammer and bolster out*

congratulations brenda xxx

Comment

Congratulations jennie hope you get some walls down babe ;;;
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Well done Jennie, hope your walls tumble down..

]

Comment

Thankyou sorry i wasn't about last night well i was just doing quiz night and forgot to look in here lol.. Will be back in a few mins with my problems.
          Jen

Comment

1. Not sure if you can do this as it is Scotland.

Frank Edgar Hatton born 1865 Glasgow Lanarkshire.
            His parents are John Hatton and Harriett Wood.
            I cannot find him after 1881 census where he is still living in Scotland any idea of where he is please.
            Jen

Comment

2. John Bates born 1862 Darlaston, Staffordshire
              I know his father is called John bates born 1839 Bilston, Staffs and his mum is called Emma.
              Can anyone see the marriage between John and Emma and if possible take John back to his parents. (I have been asked by my mil not to order certificates for this side)
              Jen

Comment

Q1. Can you confirm that in 1881 the head of the household is Mrs Janet Addie, at 11 Abbotsford Place, Gorbals? Have you sorted out the relationships between the Addies, Hattons and Watsons? Or has Ancestry lumped three households together?
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Q1. I can find no Frank Hatton deaths on ScotlandsPeople with a birth year anywhere near 1865. The only Frank Hatton death is Frank Alexander Hatton in 1927, aged 47 (so born about 1880).

Comment

Re the Bates.

It's not going to be very easy without certs as there's more than one Emma and John Bates couple in the area.......

If this is them in 1871:

RG10; Piece: 2903; Folio: 107; Page: 17

then I think this is them in Burton on Trent in 1861 before they had any children:

RG9; Piece: 1965; Folio: 71; Page: 19

Next problem is that whilst Emma's age had moved forward 10 years, John is only five years older in 1871!!

This is probably the most likely marriage, but there are quite a few:

Marriages Dec 1859
                    Bates John Burton 6b 454 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                    Faulkner Richard Burton On Trent 6b 454
                    Lowe Emma Burton 6b 454 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                    Slater Ellen Burton 6b 454

Nope. I can't find an Emma Lowe to fit in 1851. So maybe not the right marriage.

Comment

In 1841 there are three John Bates living in Burton on Trent within five years of the average age for your John, so I think it would be very difficult to pick him up without any more concrete info (maybe you could investgate is any relatives come to stay on later censuses?)

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                        Q1. Can you confirm that in 1881 the head of the household is Mrs Janet Addie, at 11 Abbotsford Place, Gorbals? Have you sorted out the relationships between the Addies, Hattons and Watsons? Or has Ancestry lumped three households together?
                        Hi Uncle John i think ancestry has put 3 famililes together as i haven't been able to find them in the tree.
                        Thankyou for looking.
                        Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                          Re the Bates.

It's not going to be very easy without certs as there's more than one Emma and John Bates couple in the area.......

If this is them in 1871:

RG10; Piece: 2903; Folio: 107; Page: 17

then I think this is them in Burton on Trent in 1861 before they had any children:

RG9; Piece: 1965; Folio: 71; Page: 19

Next problem is that whilst Emma's age had moved forward 10 years, John is only five years older in 1871!!

This is probably the most likely marriage, but there are quite a few:

Marriages Dec 1859
                          Bates John Burton 6b 454 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                          Faulkner Richard Burton On Trent 6b 454
                          Lowe Emma Burton 6b 454 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                          Slater Ellen Burton 6b 454

Nope. I can't find an Emma Lowe to fit in 1851. So maybe not the right marriage.

Thankyou Merry i thought this one might be a lost cause without a certificate.
                          Will go see what else i have as i am not about tomorrow night but might be able to convince hubby to look after little one tomorrow day time so i can pop on lol.
                          Jen

Comment

Q1. 1871 mistranscribed on Ancestry as Halton, and at 11 Abbotsford Place. Off to watch HIGNFY!

Comment

3. Susan Elizabeth Hatton 1870 ROSS-ON-WYE Herefordshire
                              I can find a possible marriage for her to either Charles William J Lewis or Tom Clark Wintle

Year of Registration: 1892
                              Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
                              District: Ross
                              County: Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Hereford and Worcester
                              Volume: 6a
                              Page: 964 (click to see others on page)

I can't find her on the 1901 census nor can i find a death for her so wondering what happened and which one she married (I know cert will only prove this 100% and i will get my friend to order this one along with some others i need to get her to order)
                              Jen

Comment

4. John Brandon 1863 CHESHAM Buckinghamshire

I can't find him after the 1881 census reference RG11; Piece: 1451; Folio: 28; Page: 22
                                Jen

Comment

5. Florence Elizabeth Hatton 1865 Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
                                  I can find her upt o the 1881 census reference RG11; Piece: 2573; Folio: 69; Page: 16
                                  2 North Place.

(sorry seem to be leaving a few but i might not be on until Sunday night)
                                  Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                                    Q1. 1871 mistranscribed on Ancestry as Halton, and at 11 Abbotsford Place. Off to watch HIGNFY!
                                    Thankyou Uncle John i didn't have him on that census either.
                                    Jen

Comment

This is the household at 11 Abbotsford Place in 1871, according to Ancestry:

John P Halton 36
                                      Harriet H Halton 29
                                      Georgina E Halton 10
                                      John H Halton 9
                                      Frank C Halton 5
                                      Arthur F Halton 3
                                      Alfred A Halton 2
                                      Catherine Blanchard 24

(found by searching for John Edgar (blank) born 1865 Glasgow)
                                      Last edited by Uncle John; 23-05-08, 21:38.

Comment

There's a WW1 medal card for Gunner Frank E Hatton of the RFA (what does that stand for?). It's got no worthwhile information except his number 162616.

Comment

Working...
                                        X