Ancestry problem - census pages won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry problem - census pages won't open

:( I am doing a friend's tree and I'm making great progress, but I have hit a problem.

When I find a hit and I try to open the page, it just gets stuck with the green bar a short way along and no image.

Is anyone else having the same problem?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Have you tried switching to the other viewer, Elizabeth?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

KiteRunner, How do I do that?
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I think Kite has gone off line!

When you view an image there is an Options tab just above the actual image.
        Click on this and you will see there are two image viewers - Enhanced and Basic

I usually select Basic Viewer with standard quality images.
        Elaine

Comment

I've been having problems for a few days, off and on.

OC

Comment

It doesn't matter what I do, the image just won't open.

It's so frustrating because I have hit a breakthrough.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

It has been temperamental for me for a day or so. Just when I have lost all patience and am about to shut down, it suddenly starts working properly again.

I keep switching between Firefox and IE to see if one is better than the other. I don't think it makes a bit of difference but at least it gives me something to do while I am waiting lol
              Gillian
              User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

The page just won't load and it leaves me looking at the green bar. It was working fine all afternoon until about 5 pm. I went out of it and back in to see if it made any difference, but no change.:(
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

Some one had that problem last week and it turned out to be their Norton.

I've been on Ancestry most of the day and have had no problems.
                  Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I switched off my computer and then re-booted and it is working for me now! Thank goodness.
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:

Comment

I'm sure they have updated something! not sure what but something on the tree pages looks different.

Hope it will be back working well tomorrow!
                      Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

I haven't had any problems until tonight. It was working fine this afternoon but now it won't load.

But I just closed the browser and opened it again and its fine. If we are all having probs it must be at their end?
                        ~ with love from Little Nell~
                        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

There have been several threads on these boards for about three weeks concerning this problem in one shape or form.

Yes, it does work if you re-boot your computer but having to do that annoys me.

I find the easiest way is to use firefox as your browser for ancestry.

I don't like firefox and prefer internet explorer so I just have firefox open for ancestry. It doesn't seem to freeze on that.

I don't know why it doesn't behave in the same way on firefox as it does on i.e. but it works.

Comment

Working...
                          X