This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer crashing

Could somebody please advise me of any reason why Internet Explorer has crashed for me 3 times in a week. When it has happened I do Ctrl>Alt>Delete and get Task Manager, then turn off the pc that way. I am wondering though why this is happening. Any advice appreciated please.
    Stella passed away December 2014

I had a similar problem recently. Have you got Norton/Norton 360 as I found that was causing my problems. Got rid of Norton and downloaded AVG everything works fine now.
    Lesley passed away in November 2017.

Comment

No Lesley, I also have AVG - free version.

Comment

Stella, have you downloaded Mozilla Firefox? Perhaps you could swop over to that as a browser for a while?

Comment

No Heather I haven't but once my friend has been to take a look, will seriously consider it. Mind you, when I told him the problem he says I may need to think of investing in a new pc as I also have trouble with the starting up of the pc - switches itself off before it has finished firing up occasionally, but this has been happening for a long time. The crashing is a new thing though. Thank you for your advice.

Comment

I would do a disk defragment if I were you, Stella.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kite, but have done a defrag and disk cleanup, also virus scan. Think I'll just take a hammer to it!!:(

Comment

Working...
              X