marriage certificate info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage certificate info

my 4th great-grandparents got married on 22 Jan-1809 in bulkington warwickshire,if i get a marriage certificate what info will be on it? will i get bride and grooms parents names?

You won't get a marriage certificate as registration didn't start until July 1837. Your best bet is to look at Parish Records and see what that tells you. It may or may not give parents and or wittnsses names and where they are from, sometimes only 'of this parish' or 'not of this parish' but often only the bride and groom names.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Hopefully, the PR entry would also give you the condition of the bride and groom - bachelor, spinster, widow etc. If they could sign their names then you will see their signatures.......

Comment

I've got one marriage in Bulkington in 1819 on my tree.

The parish register gives the names, signatures (or mark) and marital status of the bride and groom, their parish of residence, whether the marriage was by licence or banns, and the names and signatures (or mark) of the witnesses. Nothing else.

Comment

Working...
        X