No announcement yet.

Salvation Army 'home children' records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvation Army 'home children' records?

I'm asking for a (very) distant relative in Canada. Her g'father was at the SA-run Hadleigh Farm Colony in Essex in the early 1920's, and was sent to Canada in 1923. She'd like to find his records, if they're available.

There's no contact details on the SA website, and I've tried leaving a message on the local SA, to see if they have any info on this, but no-one's got back to me.

Anyone know how to find out?

Bee.

I'll check back later - going to be working for a while.
    Last edited by Bee; 20-05-08, 12:45. Reason: To explain my absence from site.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

might be worth trying these ( is this one you said you already had?) they seem more interested in their rare breeds now but...

Salvation Army-Hadleigh Farm

There was quite a lot of controvacy about these cildren sent to Canada & Australia
    Jess

Comment

This section in the Wiki has loads of links in that might help

Jackie
      Jackie

Comment

Sorry for the delay in checking back - got distracted.

Jess - Thanks for the suggestion, I did look on there, and there's nothing about how to contact SA. Or anywhere on google, as far as I could see.

Ann - I'll take a look at the wiki tomorrow, when I'm a bit less knackered. Thanks for the link - I might be able to find my way in with that - heaven knows how I'll get out again!

Bee.
        Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
        COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Working...
        X