Gale Digital Collection - access denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gale Digital Collection - access denied

I am using all my usual log-in details but I'm being denied access.

Have they changed log-in details (password and login) recently?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
    I am using all my usual log-in details but I'm being denied access.

Have they changed log-in details (password and login) recently?
    The trial must have ended overnight - I was using it on and off all day yesterday and can't get in any more either!!
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Oh no!!! I've just tried - no access!
      Gillian
      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Register again usung the same details. I have just done that and got in 1st time..Hope it works for you..

]

Comment

Caroline, AAGHHHHHHHHH!:(

I have been doing the tree for a friend on and off over the past year and she has some really interesting people. I think I have found a really interesting ancestor, but I need to look at newspapers/periodicals of the time.

Also, I still have lots of research to do on my own tree.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Northern Light - It looks as though your ploy might have worked!

The log-in details remain the same, I just had to re-register.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

verytime I have used it I have had to re-register to use it ;;;
              borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I've just registered again using another e-mail.

I can access some collections, but the 16th to 19th century British one seems to have disappeared from the list?
                Gillian
                User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I'm still having problems because when I click on the ones I want I get "Internet Explorer cannot display this page".

They probably have lots of disgruntled people like us overloading the system!
                  Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:

Comment

Now it is very strange - they appear to be reorganising it. I re-registered and (at the moment) I can get into the Times but not the 1600-1900 newspapers and the title list keeps changing .... I hope I saved everything I found!!
                    Caroline
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Northern Light - It looks as though your ploy might have worked!

The log-in details remain the same, I just had to re-register.
                      Well!!

I was just reading a news report from the Burnley collection and the pages have gone white? Im glad i copied it 1st lol.. The 16th to 19th century British ones are now all just white pages!

]

Comment

Caroline, The Times is the only one I can get into of the British collection.:(
                        Elizabeth
                        Research Interests:

Comment

Caroline, The Times is the only one I can get into of the British collection.:(
                          same here now!! maybe they are re organising?

]

Comment

19th Century British Library Newspapers

Try one .. it is giving me the ones I was using before.
                            Caroline

Comment

Its all working fine again now, maybe just a glitch

]

Comment

If you sign up for a free trial do you have to enter Institution Name
                                and Institution Name and your phone number ?

Gale - Instant Trial - GDC - Home

Clare

Comment

Clare just put none and fictional ones for phone no and postcode..

It works for me..

]

Comment

Perhaps you shouldn't steal access to a digital collection from a publisher?

Comment

Hello Joeblow.....and welcome.

We're not actually stealing the access. It is a trial and when you sign up they send you an email with the passwords etc. It's just they take the trial from one place to another so you need to resign each time.

That's been my experience with it anyway.

Comment

Gale appear only to be interested in selling to institutions such as libraries etc, I for one would have been happy to pay a personal user subscription, the site being incredibly useful for the home genealogist. The trial you have to 'apply' for, i,e you fill in the form,and they send you access. Now as long as you don't claim to be anything your not, you are not doing anything fraudulent, it's up to them to check they want you, if they send you access through regardless of you putting in blanks, that's not 'stealing', they've granted you access.

Comment

Working...
                                        X