Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to tell if burried

hi,

sorry if this has been asked b4. how can i find out if a reli was burried? (there's only me and my sis still alive and we wernt old enough to know).

i was walking through the main cem yesterday and wondered if any of my local lot were burried. i have death certs for grandparents and their siblings which were p'boro based.

do i go and check the crem records 1st? or will the library archives hold this sort of info?
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Not all cemetery/crem records are held in the same places depending on the peculiarities of the local council.

Most likely the info you want will be held at the cemetery office if there is one linked to the crem. Try contacting the Berevement Services department within your local council. Beware that some councils have found this another way of making some money......where I live it's still free to get a lookup done (whether you do it yourself or they do it for you), but I think that is fairly unusual.

Comment

thanks. i know there is some rule about only a direct reli can do a look up in the crem books for cremations in the last 10yrs (the lady down the road was looking for a family member and didnt know when it happened and as not direct line could only view old records.)
      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

How odd. There's no restriction like that here.

Comment

If you have date of death from the death cert, it might be worth looking in local newspaper archive at relevant library to see if there's a notice of death which might give funeral details.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
          X