Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back up! Thank heavens for tribal pages!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up! Thank heavens for tribal pages!

I know there has been 101 threads on this before........ but take advantage of any back up facility you can!

I managed to feed my laptop a glass of wine last night :o and it won't turn on! thank heavens for tribal pages where my tree is backed up!
    Family Trees - Genealogy & Family History

It could have been alot worse! :o

Peppie....I have just put my tree on Tribal Pages. I set the privacy at high. Apparently that means only people who have a password can see the names and dates etc. All anyone can see without a password is the list of surnames.

Do you know it that is correct??

I live in fear of my computer having an accident. I don't think I worried as much when my son was racing motorbikes LOL.

Comment

Libby yes that is right dear ;;;I use tribal pages and also Ancestry and another Family Tree Discovery to keep mine save as well as backing up to internet storage as well as disc ;;
      Yes you've guessed it I have lost my tree 3 times before so Im paranoid now ;;;lol
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

That's right harrys mum........ but bubble gum I can't see where to download the gedcom again ...... I know I've done it before!!!:o

Help! LOL :D

Comment

lol got my tree in so many places..lol..I forget to update it half the time..pmsl

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
          Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Peppie are you a paid member of Tribal pages or not , ??? think you have to be a paid one to download gedcom not sure though , but basic membership is only about £7-00

Comment

I'm paid........ but all I'm getting is a page of text rather than a gedcom download..... I know I've done it before but I can't remember!:o

Comment

Go to site map gedcoms and on that part you should be able to download gedcom and save to desktop or where ever then right click on it open with FTM??? or whatevcer and should be there then ,,,you have to open in tree program of on GR type place

Comment

Done it! :D found out it doesn't like downloading Ged.s to firefox.......:(

Thankyou for your help!

Comment

Your welcome Peppie just glad you got it back dear ;;

Comment

I must admit I love Tribal Pages and their ahnentafel (ancester) and descendents reports.

I've got one paid tree on there and several free ones - I like to keep them separate.

Recently found the filled in "family group sheets" and "charts" which is a bonus as I now only have to print off a new sheet to put in my consolidation file when I've added new info.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by Peppie View Post
                        I know there has been 101 threads on this before........ but take advantage of any back up facility you can!

I managed to feed my laptop a glass of wine last night :o and it won't turn on! thank heavens for tribal pages where my tree is backed up!
                        Family Trees - Genealogy & Family History

It could have been alot worse! :o
                        LOL

I did the same last week, but mine turned on after some heat on a radiator with the laptop open and upside down.

Just the caps lock, left control and shift keys don't work.
                        Also my internal wireless thingy has stopped working. I'm sitting near the router so have it wired at the moment but am going to get a wireless adaptor that plugs in the USB socket.

Nell did the same to her laptop, I reckon we must have some drunken laptops around don't you? :D

Oh and I'm paranoid as well now about backing up. Luckily I did have everything backed up, but as soon as I have done even a small amount of work on my tree now, it is backed up.

Comment

Given the recent crop of wine/laptop disasters, I'm wondering whether genealogy drives many of us to drink, or whether only someone "under the influence" would be foolish enough to take up genealogy in the first place!

Peppie - thanks for the reminder. My Tribal Pages sites are free ones but backing up my offline tree to CD is long overdue!
                          Gillian
                          User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Working...
                          X