X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian birth and marriage help please

Im trying to verify these births..

Thomas Emanuel Fereday 1856 Emerald Hill Melbourne Australia
    Edward Fereday 1854, Collinwood Melbourne Australia.

And this marriage..Thomas Fereday to Roseannah Flavell Melbourne Victoria Australia in 1855.

I have tried searching on the sites from the other Australian thread but no luck..I cant get the ppv Vic site to load!

Macbev says she will check the AVRI when shes had her steak lol..
    Last edited by Northern Light; 17-05-08, 12:04.

]

I sometimes have trouble getting the Vic site to load.

If it won't, go to Anonymouse.org and enter the address of the Vic site where it says "enter website address".
    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 17-05-08, 12:06.

Comment

Thanks Mary, Ill try that. Macbev is going to check the avri when shes had dinner..

]

Comment

Hi Light
        Just searching the index of the VIC BDMS confirms two entries for Thomas Fereday, presume one birth and one marriage and two for Edward Fereday.

It would cost me money to look further and I dont have any credit there at present.

Hopefully they will show up in the AVRI, I cannot get mine to load at the moment (Do computer disks have a hissy fit if you don't use them for a while ??)
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thank you, I managed to get in thanks to Mary and am just working my way through lol..Ill see if Bevs discs work lol.

Theres one birth coming up for Thomas Emanuel Fereday as well..I cant get anything for Edward as it says the search is already being processed so please wait?
          Last edited by Northern Light; 17-05-08, 12:29.

]

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
            Im trying to verify these births..

Thomas Emanuel Fereday 1856 Emerald Hill Melbourne Australia
            Edward Fereday 1854, Collinwood Melbourne Australia.

And this marriage..Thomas Fereday to Roseannah Flavell Melbourne Victoria Australia in 1855.

I have tried searching on the sites from the other Australian thread but no luck..I cant get the ppv Vic site to load!

Macbev says she will check the AVRI when shes had her steak lol..
            From the AVRI
            Christening
            FEREDAY, Edward; father:Thomas; Mother: Rosanna;event place:St Mark's Collingwood, C of E; Reg year: 1854;Reg State;Victoria;Ref num: 21020

Birth
            FEREDAY,Thomas Emanuel;Father:Thomas;Mother:FLAVELL,Rosanna;enet place:Emerald Hill;Reg year:1856;Reg State:Victoria;Ref Num: 7927

Marriage
            FEREDAY,Thomas;Spouse:FLAVEL, Rosehannah;Reg year:1855;Reg State:Victoria;Ref Num: 364

Is that what you wanted, Light/ There are other FEREDAY events in Victoria....could be the next generation, perhaps

Steak was fine, thanks....a bit gobble and go

Oh...and Edward's birth
            FEREDAY, Edward;Father:Thomas;Mother:FLAVELL Rosana;Reg. year:1854;Event Place:Coll;event State:Victoria;Ref.Num:1875
            Last edited by Macbev; 17-05-08, 12:48.

Beverley

Comment

Have you looked at the NAA site, NL?

There are lots of Feredays there, some of them from Victoria.

RecordSearch - National Archives of Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
                I cant get anything for Edward as it says the search is already being processed so please wait?
                Their site is set up in a silly way.

After you've done one search, click on Refine search rather than hitting the Back button, and you won't get that message.

Comment

Thanks Bev your spot on!! Brilliant but I just found another one sorry!

Joseph 1849 Melbourne..sorry I disturbed your dinner. The family were back in UK for the 1861 census and then Thomas died and she married a Goldston. Ive just ordered that marriage! What a woman lol..

Thanks Mary I,ll take a look now..
                  Last edited by Northern Light; 17-05-08, 12:53.

]

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                    Their site is set up in a silly way.

After you've done one search, click on Refine search rather than hitting the Back button, and you won't get that message.
                    Ill remember that for next time Mary, they could have simplified the site for peeps like me lol..

]

Comment

No Joseph on the AVRI, sorry

Beverley

Comment

Thanks Bev, Im a lot of trouble...

Thanks everyone..

]

Comment

Bev,

What's AVRI?? Will it have deaths in Fremantle/Perth that I can't find on line here in UK?
                          Cath.

Comment

Hi Cath. AVRI=Australian Vital Records Index. It's produced by the LDS and contains records from NSW,Victoria, Tasmania and WA. The WA ones go up to 1905.
                            Would you like something looked up?

Have you looked at the links in the wiki for the Fremantle cemetery and the Justice Department.......should be able to track deaths in Fremantle there.
                            Last edited by Macbev; 17-05-08, 14:41.

Beverley

Comment

Hi, Bev

I'm away from home at the moment so, altho' I have info with me, I shan't be popular if I fill up holiday time with detailed genealogy stuff. May I ask you later on for a quick check of your records? I'm doing a tree for my niece, and some of her paternal family had links to NSW/Victoria, especially. I've found quite a bit, but there are some gaps. Also a remote bit of my mother's family emigrated to Queensland; plus a remote bit of OH's to Tasmania. In my main tree(s) it's mainly for the tying up of loose ends.

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Send me a PM when you are ready, Christine..or put up a thread on Research, as Harry's Mum and Mary in Italy are both whizzes at locating stuff. I don't have Queensland records but am happy to look in the AVRI for the States it covers (see above) as well as searches in WA

Beverley

Comment

Thanks, Bev.

I'll follow that up when I get home. I'm not popular when I hog the internet access when we're away on holiday!

Christine
                                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine

NSW BDM indexes are on-line for free, births to 1907, marriages to 1957 and deaths to 1977 (NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages). Queensland indexes 1829-1929 are on line for free too.
                                    Also Victoria up until 1851 was part of NSW, so records are in both states.

Di
                                    Diane
                                    Sydney Australia
                                    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

There is this death in W.A

FEREDAY EDWARD 84 years 1922 FREMANTLE

He died 13/06/1922 and this is his plot no FREMANTLE CEMETERY ROMAN CATHOLIC MON CC 0646

Comment

Originally posted by dicole View Post
                                        Hi Christine

NSW BDM indexes are on-line for free, births to 1907, marriages to 1957 and deaths to 1977 (NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages). Queensland indexes 1829-1929 are on line for free too.
                                        Also Victoria up until 1851 was part of NSW, so records are in both states.

Di
                                        Thanks, Di

I think I've wrung those indexes almost dry. Indeed, I even have one record which was sent by a Melbourne synagogue, with staggering promptness (within a couple of hours, as I recall!), after I found a record on the IGI and googled for a relevant link. I was hoping that there might be some extra snippets on the AVRI.

But thank you for mentioning those links. I'd much rather have useful info twice, than miss out on it.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                                        X