Fathers Army records will be 4-5 Months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers Army records will be 4-5 Months

I got a letter to say they have got so many enquiries they will be between 4 and 5 months has anybody had this letter and got them quicker?????

Lucky you ... my Dad's took just over 18 months to arrive.
    Cath.

Comment

18 months ???? really when was that ???
      We sent for my aunts and they came within a couple of months .

Comment

Yes. They told me 6-8 months and mine came in approximately 10 weeks. I think it speeds the whole process up the more initial info you have been able to provide them, i.e, in my case it was great grandfather and I already had his service number from his M.I.C, so I imagine less work was involved finding his records.

Comment

Where does one apply for WW2 army records and how much does it cost? I would like to apply for my fathers. I know what regiment he was in and his army number.

Thanks.

Comment

My dad's was supposed to take up to four months, but took about a week!
            My granddad's was supposed to take six months, but took about two.
            My father-in-law's was supposed to take 6 months, but took 13!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolkSue View Post
              Where does one apply for WW2 army records and how much does it cost? I would like to apply for my fathers. I know what regiment he was in and his army number.

Thanks.
              Info on the wiki Sue
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine.

Comment

You used to be able to download the application form from somewhere - but I cannot see it on the site.
                  Maybe someone has the link.
                  Elaine

Comment

Val,
                    They arrived March 2006. My brother asked for them just over 18 months before that!
                    Cath.

Comment

Service records
                      if you scroll down you can download the forms you need it cost £30 for the records

Comment

thanks everyone maybe I'll be lucky then as I had his number .

Comment

Val,

I got my dad's. I received a letter to say they would be 8-9 months... I got them within 3 weeks...

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
                          Raven's Family Tree

Comment

3 weeks Raven ??? thats great hope mine come that quick , I have a special reason for wanting them .

Comment

think it helps if you have their Service Number...

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
                              Raven's Family Tree

Comment

that was the problem Raven according to certs he had 3 different numbers but they are so similar it was obviously written down wrong

Comment

put them all down Val,,,

I was lucky I had dad's on his marriage cert and on my sister's birth cert...

Raven's Wiki Page
                                  Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Hi Raven I did put them all down just in case.
                                    I also sent them a copy of his Birth and Death Cert and my Birth Cert just in case LOL.

Comment

lol you only needed a copy of his death cert, if I remember rightly...pmsl... and as long as you fill in the kinship form...

Raven's Wiki Page
                                      Raven's Family Tree

Comment

I didnt want to wait months then get told there was not enough info LOL

Comment

Working...
                                        X