age at time of death wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• age at time of death wanted

can any one help me ? i am looking for the death of William dewis born bulkington about 1773,in the 1861 census he is 88 and living with his son john in bulkington.
    Free BMD has this:
    two deaths of William dewis

June 1861, Nuneaton, 6d 209
    June 1862 Foleshill , 6d 208

can anyone tell me how old he was when he died in both cases to prove if it possible could be him?

The only way you will find age at death is by buying the cert or finding a burial record which gives the age.

Age at death was only added to the death indexes in 1866. I believe the new digitised index will have age at death included in it, but this won't be available for a few years.

I suppose you could try to find both William Dewises on the 1861 census and see which was in Nuneaton and which in Foleshill registration districts.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Your chap in 1861 is in Nuneaton reg district, so I guess that's him.

Name: William Dewis 88 Lodger
      Where born: Bulkington, Warwickshire Civil Parish: Bulkington
      County/Island: Warwickshire
      Registration district: Nuneaton
      Sub registration district: Nuneaton

There are two other William Dewises in Bulkington in 1861, one born 1845 and one 1813. I guess to be sure its not them, you'd need to check they are around in 1871 census, though looking at your chap's age, I think its very probably him whose death is registered.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

thats him living in bulkington and a lodger with his wife at his sons

Comment

Your best bet is probably to get the Bulkington parish registers on loan from your local LDS centre.

I have one Bulkington microfilm at the moment, but it doesn't cover the period you want. It contains:

Baptisms, burials, 1775-1812 (another filming); Marriage affidavits, 1822 (another filming); Baptisms, 1813-1843 (another filming); Baptisms, 1843-1861 (another filming); Banns, 1754-1764; Marriages, 1754-1790; Banns, 1790-1823; Marriages, 1790-1876.

I shall be going down to the centre on Tuesday, so if you have anyone else in Bulkington you want me to look up, let me know.

Comment

This is a list of the microfilms available for Bulkington:

Title film notes ('Parish registers for Bulkington ')

Comment

how do i find out where my local center is?

Comment

FamilySearch.org - Family History Centers

Comment

I've just noticed that you're in Nuneaton, so it may be more convenient for you to go to the local Records Office.

Not sure which one covers Nuneaton - Warwick?

The Nuneaton FHS may also be helpful: Introduction & Society Aims

Comment

am a member of nuneaton fhs not very helpful to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X