Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changed from I.E. to Firefox - few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed from I.E. to Firefox - few questions...

Is it me??

The text size and font is not good for me in Firefox. I read papers online etc. When I increase size it makes it bolder but still this font (more arial than the I.E. one). It doesn't seem to keep the increased font between pages...

Also want to make my Google mail the first page that comes up when I log onto the Internet. Can't seem to find the right icon to click for this. Easy before on I.E.

Trying to persevere with Firefox as understand more secure but....

Any help or advice welcome. Thanks. Liz
    Liz

If you look at the options, you can decide which font to use but I use Firefox with the IE tab Add On, so that the text is a great deal clearer and much more like IE.

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline...will have a go.
      Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Liz from Lancs View Post

Also want to make my Google mail the first page that comes up when I log onto the Internet. Can't seem to find the right icon to click for this. Easy before on I.E.
        Tools / Options / Main - then enter the url of home page (i.e. google)

Have been using Firefox for quite a time - absolutely hate IE now!
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine...trying it out...Liz
          Liz

Comment

Have managed the home page for g. mail. thanks Elaine.

Caroline. Clicked your link and clicked on IE tab add on in the body of that page. Opens into a Firefox 2 page (I have Firefox 2) but Done at bottom L corner of screen. Do I need to restart puter for it to take effect. Not sure I have downloaded the IE tab on.

Thanks Liz

UPDATE: Also when exiting say your link (and there is now green arrow on top toolbar lit up to allow me to go back to previous FTF page, I get a warning closing 2 tabs and lose FTF and have to log on again. Didn't happen on IE, it would automatically take me back to FTF page when clicked the red cross. Sorry I am being a pain. Can't have anything affecting my FTF experience! Liz

When I open up a second Internet connection it is the old I.E format...going back to try again...
            Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 17-05-08, 10:19.
            Liz

Comment

Liz - don't know if you have noticed it, but on the HELP menu there is a section "For Internet Explorer Users".
              Gives you a brief overview of the differences between the two browsers - might be worth reading.
              Elaine

Comment

If you go to Tools > Add ons you should see it listed - choose options from there and go to General Settings. I have the top three interface boxes ticked.

When you have saved those settings, you will see an icon with a green arrow on it. You might need to restart Firefox then but not the computer - you click on the new icon to make the page turn into IE look-alike.

Caroline
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

you are all so good and patient and wonderful

Am going off to try again...where's me tranquillisers...Liz

UPDATE: Caroline - it's not listed as an add on so I thought I hadn't done. Just going back to that page that came up when I clicked on Install this add on for IE tab.

Caroline: It only gives me the option to upload Firefox 2 with the add on. As Firefox 2 was only installed on me puter yesterday, am worried about doing this...Help! Liz
                  Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 17-05-08, 10:32.
                  Liz

Comment

We cross posted!!

When you want to use Firefox you need to click on the orange icon (on your dekstop??) The blue E will always open IE. You also need to make Firefox your default browser.

I am going out now but I will be back later ... have fun!!
                    Caroline

Comment

Thanks Caroline...Liz
                      Liz

Comment

Working...
                      X