ancestry email reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry email reminder

I've had an email reminder about my renewal - total cost £55.96. Is this a good price and do you think it'll include VAT??
    Elaine

Researching - Weatherall, Spenceley, Readman, Conquer

As it says TOTAL cost, then I would expect that to include VAT. Yes, good price.

OC

Comment

Thanks OC.
      Elaine

Comment

Elaine. That's what I paid to renew back last December. I also had an e mail stating that price and couldn't beleive my luck. Especially as everyone else had to haggle to get a discount!! Fingers crossed that's what my next renewal price will be but got a long wait to find out!

Definately a bargain price...go for it. Lesley

Comment

That's a really good price!
          I renewed last October and had to haggle to get it down to £60 something......
          Alison

Researching:
          CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
          http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
          http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

Comment

thats a good price, they want £79 from me.

jean

Comment

Thanks everyone. I haven't used it for a while due to having to concentrate on Uni work etc but will definately be renewing it.
              Elaine

Comment

Blimey, that IS a good price. How long have you been without a sub. Mines finished about 6 weeks ago and Im still waiting for a grovelling email and offer from them.

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineM View Post
                  I've had an email reminder about my renewal - total cost £55.96. Is this a good price and do you think it'll include VAT??
                  Sorry to be a wet blanket but NO, it is unlikely to include vat. This is roughly the amount I was quoted on the telephone the other day when I renewed (it included the discount) but vat was added.

Comment

That's good - they wanted £79 from me and I had to haggle to get it down to £63 which was £55 (same as last year) but this time plus vat so £63.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I've just had my reminder and it is in dollars. $99.95, why is it in dollars and how much is it in pounds? Its Ancestry.com which I subscribed through FTM so I got some free time.

Lin
                      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

£51.14. No idea why they've quoted you in dollars.

XE.com - UCC

Comment

Thanks Mary

Thats really good. Cheaper than last year. It was about £70 last year.

Lin
                          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

As I always seem to have to pay the full price...I've just tried to cancel my continuous renewal....but the option page says ...that the option is no longer available .... what a cheek.

jean
                            Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

Heather PT - it's due for renewal on 24 May. I was expecting to have to try and grovel for a cheap price but I'm more than happy if its the total (inc VAT).
                              Elaine

Comment

Lin which Ancestry are you subscribing to?

Ancestry.com which is the American site

or

Ancestry.co.uk which is the British site

I'm thinking they're quoting you in dollars for the US site.

Don't know which site would be best for your research

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
                                X