Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find the 1851 census online, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find the 1851 census online, please?

Apart from Ancestry, of course.

I'm trying to find a family in Woodnewton in Northants to firm up the relationships from 1841, but there only appears to be 74 people there in 1851 compare with 483 in 1841, and 755 in 1861. (Ancestry)
    I have some info from familyhistoryonline, but its only the head & his wife. And one of their sons who has the same name as dad.

Family name is Barratt. I have Henry (72 from Fotheringhay) and Ann (62 from Little Gidding).
    Both were dead by 1861.

Thanks
    Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

have you tried free cen? FreeCEN - UK Census Online Project
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

No they don't seem to have Northants
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Sorry don't know Northants geography but there are some Barratts on here
        1851 CENSUS for GLAPTHORN, Northants, England
        Jean

Comment

You aren't alone, Helen

RootsWeb: ENGLISH-FENS-L Re: [FENS] Census reference for Woodnewton 1851
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

You could try contacting Northamptonshire RO to see if they have the piece(s) you want.

Records
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Have you tried FHOL? It has the 1851 census.

FamilyHistoryOnline - searchable databases for family history & genealogy in England, Wales & Australia

There are 501 entries listed for Woodnewton.

Database - Family History Online
              Last edited by Mary from Italy; 15-05-08, 20:09.

Comment

Sorry, just read your first post properly, and I see you've already tried there.

Comment

FindmyPast should be adding it by the end of this year, but from what it says on their site, they'll be using the FHOL database.

Comment

Only prob with FHOL is that its piecemeal.
                    You have to search by individual name. I'm trying to find a William, Thomas and a Henry (well got him). And then to find who's with them - Ann, Elizabeth, Mary etc...
                    Hopefully once its on findmypast, it'll be back into households
                    Helen

Comment

You need to start with the unusual names. I've just found Theodosia in the index.

Comment

I have Theodosia - she's the daughter of Henry and Elizabeth.

But there are 15 entries of William Barratt & and 19 entries of William Barrett. You can bet which ever I look at, it'll be the other!

Ok - William is on the same page as his parents, which might mean he's still at home. He'd married a woman 21 years younger than himself by '61.
                        Last edited by Helen Smith Too; 15-05-08, 20:34.
                        Helen

Comment

Ah, I see your problem. Probably easiest to wait for FMP, then, as you said.

Comment

Working...
                          X