Searching for Pasmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Pasmore

I am searching for the family of my ggg grandmother Rebecca Pasmore who was born in 1802 in Warfield Berkshire. Her father was Peter, born abt 1776, also in Berkshire. Her mother was Mary Tucker born in Devon abt 1786 (I think).

Thanks
    Debbie

Have you looked on the IGI? There are baptisms for Rebecca 1802, Mary 1805 and Peter 1807.

Plus the marriage for Peter and Mary.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Pasmore

Yes thanks. But I can't get back any further with Peter.

Comment

Hi Debbie

Welcome to FTF

Do you have access to Ancestry.co.uk at all? There is a public member tree on there that has a Rebecca Pasmore which could be the same as yours, born in Warfield Berks & married to a Francis Desse.

Joanie

Comment

Have you looked at the marriage record in the Parish Records for Peter & Mary? If he was from another Parish it might tell you.

If you are struggling to find his birth, it is probably going to mean searching through the neighbouring villages/towns & their Parish Records until you find him.

Joanie

Comment

Yes thanks. I can't seem to getting any further back with Peter.

Comment

Yes that's my tree. It took me forever to find Rebecca's last name, and then I could only go back to her father. Very frustrating.

Comment

Are you sure he was born in Berkshire?

There are a few Peter Pasmores on Ancestry in 1841, all living in Devon or Somerset, & all born down there.

Joanie

Comment

I guess you got Peter's birthplace in Berkshire from the census, but have you seen this?

from IGI

PETER PASMORE
                  Christening: 28 DEC 1775 Northam, Devon, England
                  Parents: RICHARD PASMORE & MARGARET
                  Source Information: Batch No.: C051901
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Lol Nell I was just about to post that one too!! It's pretty close to Exeter isn't it?

I think you should check the marriage between Mary Tucker & Peter Pasmore just in case Northam parish is mentioned.

Joanie

Comment

Originally posted by Joan of Archives View Post
                      Have you looked at the marriage record in the Parish Records for Peter & Mary? If he was from another Parish it might tell you.

If you are struggling to find his birth, it is probably going to mean searching through the neighbouring villages/towns & their Parish Records until you find him.

I don't know how I can look through the parish records since I live in Canada. Is there a way I can do it?

Comment

Ah that could be a problem!

I have heard other people from abroad can order the Parish Records from the LDS centres, like we can in the UK; do you have one near you?

Joanie

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                          I guess you got Peter's birthplace in Berkshire from the census, but have you seen this?

from IGI

PETER PASMORE
                          Christening: 28 DEC 1775 Northam, Devon, England
                          Parents: RICHARD PASMORE & MARGARET
                          Source Information: Batch No.: C051901
                          I did see that but it seemed to far away. Google maps says it 43 miles apart. I thought maybe the one born in 1772 in Morchard Bishop would be closer to Exeter. I can't remember why I thought Peter was born in Berkshire. Maybe it's because his children were born there.

Comment

Ah that could be a problem!

I have heard other people from abroad can order the Parish Records from the LDS centres, like we can in the UK; do you have one near you?

No I don't think so.

Comment

Debbie

Go onto the LDS site and scroll down to

Find a Family History Center Near Your Home For United States & Canada, enter a state or province.
                              All others, enter the country.

Comment

There are about 150 LDS Family History centres in Canada. Just select Canada etc in this search:

FamilySearch.org - Family History Centers

Comment

Are you sure he was born in Berkshire?

There are a few Peter Pasmores on Ancestry in 1841, all living in Devon or Somerset, & all born down there.

I found a Peter Pasmore in the 1841 census born in Warfield. That's how I thought he was the one I was looking for.

Comment

Warfield, Berks is on the NBI.

Comment

1841 census doesn't give birthplaces, just the county of birth. And I have found that that can be quite unreliable.

How do you know that Mary came from Devon as she isn't on 1841?

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                                        There are about 150 LDS Family History centres in Canada. Just select Canada etc in this search:

FamilySearch.org - Family History Centers
                                        Thank you very much. But how do I know if I've found the right one? I don't know if I should be looking for Berkshire or Devon? I've got two Peters, one in each place.

Comment

Working...
                                        X