Has anyone any idea of the date of this please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone any idea of the date of this please

I don't have the original so can't rescan it.

I've just been through lots of photo sites trying to identify my own. This one I'd say the dress is early 1890's going on those I've just been viewing.

Comment

Don dated a photo for me where the dress of my relation was virtually identical to the dark dress in your photo. He said early to mid 1890's.

I love your photo!

Comment

I'd go with Richard on this one, great photo, love Granny...:D

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
          Don dated a photo for me where the dress of my relation was virtually identical to the dark dress in your photo. He said early to mid 1890's.

I love your photo!
          Merry

The woman on the right of the old lady I believe to be her daughter Phoebe.

The Phoebe who married Joseph Kirk cum Turner.

The younger woman is definitely the daughter she had before she married a Mary Jane Sharratt

Comment

Thanks everyone

By the way, the old lady is OH's 3 x great grandmother.

She was born in 1807 and died in 1902.

Comment

Let me try and get my head round that.....

The lady in the black dress is Phoebe who was born 1845, so she might be about late 40's in this photo. The old lady is her mother and the younger lady is Phoebe's daughter born before she married Joseph Kirk? Would she be about 30? Who is the baby?

So, Phoebe can't have died before 1881 then!

Where did Mrs Sharratt live? Is that her home behind? (Very nice!)

Comment

Let me try and get my head round that.....

The lady in the black dress is Phoebe who was born 1845, so she might be about late 40's in this photo. The old lady is her mother and the younger lady is Phoebe's daughter born before she married Joseph Kirk? Would she be about 30? Who is the baby?

So, Phoebe can't have died before 1881 then!

Where did Mrs Sharratt live? Is that her home behind? (Very nice!)
                Mary Jane Sharratt was born to Phoebe Sharratt in 1864.

Mary Jane married Thomas Tunnicliffe in 1892 so that fits in with the date if the baby is hers. she had one born 1893 and another 1895.

Old Mrs Sharratt lived at Hoarcross, Newborough, Staffs.

very near to the Meynell Ingram Arms.

the house would only have been rented Merry, probably belonged to the Meynall Ingrams who lived at Hoarcross Hall now a health spa

see this

:| Hoar Cross Hall |:

Comment

So the baby might be Harold Tunnicliffe aged 7 in 1901! (b Hoar Cross)

Comment

Do you know where Mary J Sharratt went after 1871 when she is with her grandparents until her marriage in 1892, or whenever it was? (after 1891 anyway!)

Comment

So the baby might be Harold Tunnicliffe aged 7 in 1901! (b Hoar Cross)
                      Yes could be.

Comment

Do you know where Mary J Sharratt went after 1871 when she is with her grandparents until her marriage in 1892, or whenever it was? (after 1891 anyway!)
                        I have the following notes for Mary Jane

1871 Mary Jane was living with her grandparents in Hoar Cross, Staffordshire RG10; Piece: 2894; Folio: 60; Page: 4

1881 Mary Jane was a visitor in the household of John Elks of Balance Street, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire RG11; Piece: 2749; Folio: 106; Page: 8

1891 Mary Jane was employed by William Dunkerley, Rector of Sigglesthorne, Yorkshire RG12; Piece: 3951; Folio 20; Page 4

1901 Thomas and Mary Jane were living in Hoar Cross, Staffordshire RG13; Piece: 2658; Folio: 8; Page: 8

Comment

Ok, so that's no help to find her mother!

Comment

Hi Margaret, I think your picture is abt, 1870 and the elderly lady I would guess was born abt 1790.

Comment

Working...
                            X