This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton 360

Further to my thread on the general board regarding problems accessing ancestry.co.uk on firefox and IE7. The problem seems to be down to my norton 360 2.0 and I have been in email contact with support at symantec/norton trying to resolve the problem. The only way I can get round it is to disable the norton confidential add-on on IE7 and to turn off the norton phishing protection on firefox! (When using ancestry). Symantec support have now told me to uninstall and then reinstall the norton 360 2.0 to see if that solves the problem completely BUT I'm not sure whether to do that or not. What do you computer experts think I should do ? Please don't tell me to get rid of norton altogether, I've only just renewed with them. I know a lot of people are anti norton but up till now I've been quite satisfied with the norton 360.
    Lesley passed away in November 2017.

sorry but get rid of it !!!!!

Comment

I used to defend Norton, but have to admit that since getting rid of it my life has been so much simpler, and I have had no problems
      Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

Well I've done everything that Norton/Symantec and Ancestry.com have told me to do and still the problem exists. The only way I can use Ancestry on either firefox or IE7 is to turn off Norton phishing protection, which is incovenient and unsatisfactory considering all the money I pay for them. The problem is definitely a conflict between Norton and Ancestry. As I've only recently renewed with Norton the option to change to something else is not practical.
        I've sent them both a email suggesting that they work together to resolve the issue as I know I'm not the only one with the problem. We'll see "pigs might fly" !!

Comment

AVG is free so it wont cost anything

Comment

I have been quite satisfied with Norton and found their 'live chat help' a good problem solving tool.
            Kathleen

Comment

This link may be of help;

I am having a problem with the Internet or email in Norton 360 2.0

Why pay for something which is generally regarded as useless when there are excellent programs such as AVG or Avast which are free and uncomplicated !

Comment

My Norton was due for renewal and I have just had someone come and help me install Avast. See how it goes...Liz
                Liz

Comment

I got a free zonealarm suite by using trialpay - its rated no. 1 at the mo.

Comment

Just upgraded from Norton Antivirus to Norton 360 - installed without any problem, and is running perfectly - NO problems with Ancestry ro my e-mails. Loads of people seem to be knocking Norton 360, and I sometimes think that the problem really exists in their PC. Take Norton advice and re-instal....it won't cost you anything as you have already purchased to prog.

Comment

Norton 360 was definitely causing my problems in the end i uninstalled, got a refund from them for my renewal and installed AVG instead. I've had no problems since with Ancestry or anything else and my PC is running much better in other ways too. You may not have any problems with Norton for a while but eventually little things will start going wrong and I bet it will be down to Norton. It was probably a bargain to buy because noone wants to buy it now and the pc retailers are tring to get rid of it! Check out the microsoft communities forums there are "experts" on there telling people to get srid of Norton as it causes all sorts of problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X