Elizabeth Tushingham missing in 1881

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Tushingham missing in 1881

Can anyone find Elizabeth Tushingham in 1881?

She was born 24th July 1863 to Harriet Tushingham.
    in 1871 she is living as a Boarder with the Wharton Family in Oxton, Birkenhead, Cheshire

Elizabeth married James Longshaw in 1886 (10th October) at St Saviours, Oxton, Birkenhead and lists her father as Thomas Hancock - Occ Porter

Her mother Harriet married in 1867 to Joseph Thornton and she is not with them in 1881.

Can anyone spot her?

Thanks
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Where was Elizabeth born, please?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Woops - Sorry, Birkenhead Cheshire
      Vikki -

Comment

Have you seen this one.
        RG11 Piece 3557 Folio 66 Page 30

Bit of a long shot l know lol
        Pam

Comment

hi vikki....big family of Tushinghams in Garston years ago....over the mersey from Birkenhead.....Rita Tushingham,the actress was born in Garston,and many many people came from birkenhead and neston(my own gg grandfather included) for work on the dock there...there was a copper works there also,and people came from Wales because of their experience in copper working.....Rita Tushinghams parents had a shop in Window Lane...so,have a look on the 1881 census for Window Lane ,Garston....you just might be lucky.....good luck....allan;)added...just checked on the chesh parishes site...there are 32 babtisms for Tushingham from 1754-1870....at john the babtist church,Chester....only 18 miles from Birkenhead....was elizabeths mother Harriet from Birkenhead or Chester?....she could be with family in chester in 1881
          Last edited by garstonite; 15-05-08, 04:31.
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Originally posted by Pamdidle View Post
            Have you seen this one.

I looked at that one too, but her sister (Sarah, was it? the wife of the head of house) didn't come from the right family when traced back. (sorry, I've forgotten the details as it was a couple of days ago!)

Comment

Originally posted by Pamdidle View Post
              Have you seen this one.

Thanks, I did look at here, but found her in 1871 with her parents Martha and Samuel
              Vikki -

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                I looked at that one too, but her sister (Sarah, was it? the wife of the head of house) didn't come from the right family when traced back. (sorry, I've forgotten the details as it was a couple of days ago!)
                it was only yesterday Merry.........;)
                Vikki -

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                  hi vikki....big family of Tushinghams in Garston years ago....over the mersey from Birkenhead.....Rita Tushingham,the actress was born in Garston,and many many people came from birkenhead and neston(my own gg grandfather included) for work on the dock there...there was a copper works there also,and people came from Wales because of their experience in copper working.....Rita Tushinghams parents had a shop in Window Lane...so,have a look on the 1881 census for Window Lane ,Garston....you just might be lucky.....good luck....allan;)added...just checked on the chesh parishes site...there are 32 babtisms for Tushingham from 1754-1870....at john the babtist church,Chester....only 18 miles from Birkenhead....was elizabeths mother Harriet from Birkenhead or Chester?....she could be with family in chester in 1881
                  Thanks for that, Rita's family are related, worked back a few generations and down the other side......
                  Harriet was born in William Street, Birkenhead
                  Vikki -

Comment

Perhaps she was a servant somewhere and was either missed off the census altogether or listed with the wrong details, suffice that you don't recognise her!

Comment

I think your right Merry, she will have to go into the pile with other missing family members.....

Oh well, never mind
                      Vikki -

Comment

Working...
                      X