Broadband question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadband question

i am finally getting round to getting Broadband having decided to go with O2. I am checking the requirements for getting the Broadband & it says that I need to have a Network port/Ethernet port. How do I know if I have one of these please?
    Lynn

Lynn

Mine is a yellow cable. It has what look likes a phone plug in on either end.
    If not they are fairly cheap to buy.
    Sue ;)

Comment

If you have a desktop computer then you will usually find the ethernet port at the back of the tower.
      You need to look for a slot which is a similar shape to the one you plug your dial up modem into - although it is slightly wider than the jack for the dial up modem.
      Elaine

Comment

It does say on the front, 10/100Mbps Ethernet for connectivity to Broadband Cable/DSL. Does that sound right? Is is hard to see, but there is a space next to the internet cable, which could be what you are saying Elaine.
        Lynn

Comment

Sounds right!
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks, I think we are probably safe to go ahead then.
            Lynn

Comment

As stated above the ports will be located on the back of the tower. O2 will/should send you the relevant cables with the new Broadband modem.

You must use the new cables etc and not your current Dial Up cables. Also, to get the full benefit of broadband, remember to use the filters which should be inserted into all telephone points in your house and then insert the cables etc into the filters. The O2 instructions will explain all this.

Comment

Working...
              X