OK laptop working after wine spill but another problem now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK laptop working after wine spill but another problem now

I have a few sticky keys but that is workable.

I was tapping away on the keyboard, any key, just trying to make sure they didn't stick.

I must have altered the settings somehow as the screen icons and font look at bit fuzzy and faded. Also the icons look fat as though they have been stretched.

I have tried screen resolution but nothing seems to put it right.

Anyone any ideas?

I have tried restarting the computer.

not sure about that but what about a system restore ???? to before the glass of wine LOL

Comment

Val

You're a star

That seems to have worked, why did'nt I think of that?

Still seems a liitle bit blurred, as though I have the wrong specs on, but a lot better then it was.

My icons don't seem fat anymore.

Just have to get used to only the right hand side control and shift working now

Comment

its probably got a hang over LOL

Comment

You're full of them tonight aren't you Val :p

Comment

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH are you crazy woman.:(

Do not place any liquid or food near laptop/computer under any circumstances.

Place it at least 3 to 4 or even 6 feet away (on a surface that you can do no harm to if knocked over in excitement of finding that long lost ancestor) even if you have to leave your seat to sip or gulp ...

Take note.

:p

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
              ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH are you crazy woman.:(

Do not place any liquid or food near laptop/computer under any circumstances.

Place it at least 3 to 4 or even 6 feet away (on a surface that you can do no harm to if knocked over in excitement of finding that long lost ancestor) even if you have to leave your seat to sip or gulp ...

Take note.

:p

OK Maggie

I consider myself well and truly told off.

Don't worry, I've learnt my lesson but it's amazing how many people have done the same thing isn't it?

Comment

Sorry I know not funny but this did make me laugh, let's be honest the amount of time 'we' spend on our PCs we need some kind of treat/stimulant to hand! Mind you I would have been just as annoyed at the loss of good wine!

Comment

my keyboard on my PC is full of crumbs of all sorts, might come in handy one day if we are short of money !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X