langley+hatton marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• langley+hatton marriage

For the past three day's i've been trying to find my aunt's marriage,and not getting anywhere!
    She's Edith D M Hatton born 1921 in Croydon,i started looking from 1933 because i've been looking at other family too,and so far i'm up to 1960.
    Her married name was Langley,and as far as i know she had three children names removed,the only Langley i can find where the mother's maiden name is Hatton is in the first qtr of 1953 in Warrington,i've searched birth's from 1949-58 too.
    She died in 2005 in Penge,i seem to remember her telling me she worked with her husband and that's how they met,but i'm getting nowhere.
    Anyone want to have a go,feel free,please!
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 12-05-08, 23:05. Reason: names of people removed in case they are still living
    "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

If you can't find the other children and you can't find her marriage then either she didn't marry - try looking for children's births under Hatton. Or she married with a different name, or the copy cert never reached the GRO.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Or they married in another country?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Alanjohn

I seem to remember your Hattons were often mistranscribed as HALTON, HUTTON and WALTON.

That should keep you busy for a bit, lol.

OC

Comment

Her death cert may tell you her husband's first name, which might possibly help:

Name: Edith Dorothy M Langley
          Birth Date: 18 Feb 1921
          Death Registration Month/Year: Apr 2005
          Registration district: Bromley
          Register number: A45
          Entry Number: 206

Comment

Sorry kiterunner,didn't realise about posting living relative's names,won't do it again.
            But i found one of them!It took three day's but i found a birth in 1947 that fit's so i'm diving right back in to look for that marriage,could have overlooked it.

Comment

Darn!!
              Found that birth in 1947,and i've looked at Langley marriage's from '47,right back to '37,just in case Hatton was mistranscribed,nothing,Blast!

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                Or they married in another country?
                I've wondered that,i also wondered if he served in India,are there record's of Army marriage's for WWII etc..?

Comment

Alanjohn

If the first birth was 1947, then that might reflect a wartime marriage - which could have been anywhere - and she may also have been a widow.

OC

Comment

Just found an email from Bromley local studies,and on the electoral register for 1967/68,my aunt and husband are both there,her husband is Albert F.E. Langley.
                    I'll just have to go back over the marriage's and look for the above.
                    I don't think she was a widow,her name at birth was Hatton,and the birth from 1947 was Langley,with the mother's maiden name being Hatton.

Comment

Alan, there are army marriages in the "Overseas" section on findmypast.
                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Well, yes, her maiden name WOULD still be Hatton, whether she had remarried or not.

Any cert is only as truthful as the informant was.

It's also possible that HE had married before/was still married and they either never married, or married much later than you think.

OC

Comment

Working...
                        X