This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG quick that scared me

Help was googling and then my Norton started to go mad stopping JS Dwwnloader onto the comp, but it kept trying for about 20 times , Im now runni9ng a defender scan to see if I can see out ,
    have only just done spybot last night , should I have something else on this computer other than ;;windows Defender, Norton full suite, and spybot;;
    yesterday I got this message from spybot but dont understand how to find tools to view what it says ';;

there were problems in the include fileC:Programfiles/spybot-search and destroy/ Trojans C.sbi
    See include errors. log for details
    borobabs passed away March 2018

If you have the updates installed for Norton Internet Security you should not have any problems, the fact that it stopped it is enough, in 12 years of using computers with Norton on them I have never ever had anything nasty get in.
    Best Wishes
    Ron
    www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Thanks Ron oh dont think it got in the warning box was up and down like a yo yo ;;
      thanks dear

Comment

Babs I did a scan last night with Spybot and got the same message never had it before either and like you wasnt sure what to do with it .
        But I did notice it found a problem with Windows Internet explorer ??

Comment

Val did you do a update 1st , I did and there was a new scan thing which didnt download properly, so I had to reclick on it and do it again ,,,wonder if its that

Comment

I did yes Babs I always update just before I scan did worry me at first as I saw the word Trojan !!!!

Comment

Great so looks like its a glitch with spybot , maybe they will bring out a patch over the next few days to sort it out then ;;;hope so dont like that word on my comp

Comment

nor me !! I just did the same thing on my laptop and did not get that message but did notice another box came up which said Infections 0 spyware O warnings 314 ??? whats all that about ??

Comment

Thats just things they are warning you about I think ;;;;lol
                  have been to homepage and sent them a message asking if there is a problem with the latest updates / trojans fingers x they will answer me

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    nor me !! I just did the same thing on my laptop and did not get that message but did notice another box came up which said Infections 0 spyware O warnings 314 ??? whats all that about ??
                    Hi Val,
                    Is that AVG that you are talking about with warnings?, mine shows that also.

Babs, Had you clicked onto a site from Google when the JS Downloader problem started?

A good free prog to have to tell you if sites are safe when you are googling is

McAfee site advisor

Protection from Adware, Spam, Viruses, Online Scams | McAfee SiteAdvisor

The new Free avg also does this now.
                    Christine in Portugal

Comment

Hi Christine it was on Spybot never seen that before .
                      I have had terrible trouble today with my pc dont know whats wrong but its since I got that message.

Comment

I've never seen that on Spybot about infections and spyware and warnings but AVG comes uplike that now since the update to AVG 8.

I'll run my spybot and see what it says.
                        Christine in Portugal

Comment

let me know how you get on will you ???

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Portugal View Post
                            Hi Val,
                            Is that AVG that you are talking about with warnings?, mine shows that also.

Babs, Had you clicked onto a site from Google when the JS Downloader problem started?

A good free prog to have to tell you if sites are safe when you are googling is

McAfee site advisor

Protection from Adware, Spam, Viruses, Online Scams | McAfee SiteAdvisor

The new Free avg also does this now.

Thanks Christine but it was Spybot , sorry havnt been back but had G Kids till half hour ago

Comment

Its taking ages to run tonight, don't know why but I may have to stop it as I'm really tired. If I do I'll try again tomorrow.

Babs,just noticed in your first post you didn't know how to get into tools on Spybot.

You have to click Mode (top left) then advanced and then tools will come up bottom left. Hope that helps.

Edit, Finally finished, went really quick last few minutes, nothing found, I updated before I ran it.
                              Last edited by Christine in Portugal; 12-05-08, 23:03.
                              Christine in Portugal

Comment

Thanks for that Christine , I have heard back from Spybot and they said the problem was I didnt have the latest version 1.5.2.20 so I have now downloaded it from this page which they sent me

FileForum | Spybot Search and Destroy

Comment

I updated mine to the newest version a few weeks ago so perhaps that's why mine is ok.

The McAfee site advisor I mentioned is well worth having as you then know that any site you go to from a search is a safe site.
                                  Christine in Portugal

Comment

Why how does that work Christine ???

Comment

I just updated to that one Babs thanks and once again it found a problem which I dont understand
                                      Microsoft windows Internet explorer security??
                                      I have the newest version of free AVG and that gives you a tool bar and also searches any site you try to look at for virus's

Comment

Oh well Val at least we do, do our checks on things and dont just leave them ;;;
                                        sorry but why dont you contact them and see what they say to the problem,
                                        I have done check with new download and no problems ;;

Comment

Working...
                                        X