A WWI Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A WWI Question

My Great Great Grandfather was blown up in August 1918 on HMS Scott. The question is would his widow have received any income after his death from the Navy or was it just tough?
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

There is around a 25% chance that the service records of a soldier who died during the war can be located at The National Archives. It is also worth checking the sample (around 8%) of widows' and dependants' pension forms (PIN 82) which are searchable on-line through the National Archives catalogue.

I'm sure if army widows could claim, the same would be the case for navy.

Comment

I downloaded his naval record with your help sometime ago and they are in the wiki.

Here is the link:

Is there something obvious I should be seeing?
      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Pippa, I'm not sure re war deaths but I know my aunt received a pension from the Navy until she died in 1987 after her husband died following an accident in Surabaya, think that's Indonesia, in 1939. He fell of the gang plank going on or off a submarine and hit his head off the dockside. I asked her once if she'd never considered marrying again and she said, she'd had her chances but wouldn't give up a good navy pension for any man:D
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Yes, his widow would have received a pension, although I don't think they were over-generous!
          The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
          Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X