Help Needed Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed Thanks

Trying to find as much info about Said Amhed Miralam born in 1894 in Attock in the North West Frontier Province of India.

who was his mum ?
    who was his dad ?
    did he have any siblings ?

ive tired everything i can think of ,Any help would be great

Hiya Keith,

Have you tried Familyrelatives.com, Family Tree, Family History, Genealogy

Its free to search the overseas
    Jacky

Comment

His middle name may be spelt Ahmed rather than Amhed? And Google suggests Mir Alam rather than Miralam, if that helps at all.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Jacky ive tired that thanks

kiterunner hes in a book under the name Mir Alum

Comment

When he arrived he found work on the docks and then as a pedlar around the streets of the city. He married Fanny Knox who died giving birth to their first child. Miralam, now a single parent, met Jeannie Macmillan. The couple married in 1924, had three daughters and ran a shop and café.

In 1930 the family split up. Miralam and his son Mohamed moved in with Sarah Tate and the couple had a daughter. They lived in Pitt Street and were one of the first people to be bombed out during the blitz. Later they moved to Upper Stanhope Street and then Sandon Street in Toxteth.

Mir Alam was one of Liverpool's most respected Indian gentlemen. He helped many people as an interpreter and he campaigned for part of Anfield Cemetery to be set aside as a Muslim burial ground.

When he died in 1951 many came to pay their respects to a pioneer who had made Liverpool his home for over 30 years

Comment

Do you have access to Ancestry - there is a Public tree on there with

Sid Miralum, born c1900 India, marrying Jane McMillan, born 1891 Aberdeen, with three children listed.

Of course this might be your tree - but if not possibly worth contacting the submitter.
            Elaine

Comment

lol thats my tree thanks

Comment

Elaine

Comment

If you get his marriage cert it should have his father's name and occupation on it.
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

You could try mosques local to where he lived.

A lot of genealogical information is usually kept my the Imam and if he was a very active member of the Islamic community I'd guess at him appearing in the Imam's books.
                    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

thanks all still no luck

Comment

Any assistance?

Muslim graves Gen 11
                        Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Originally posted by Pippa Doll View Post
                          Any assistance?

Muslim graves Gen 11
                          thanks Pippa

Ahmed Miralum Said is my grand dad its his mum and dad i cant find

Comment

this man is driving me mad
                            hes the missing link to my tree getting finished
                            ill just keep looking
                            thanks all
                            KEITH

Comment

Have you tried posting on Indian or Pakistani genealogy forums? I think Attock is in Pakistan now.

Comment

thanks Mary

where will i find these forums ?

Comment

I've never had to do any research in that area, so I can't recommend one personally. You'll find several by googling for India genealogy or Pakistan genealogy, but a good place to start might be Rootsweb:

India - Family History & Genealogy Message Boards - rootsweb.com
                                  Pakistan - Family History & Genealogy Message Boards - rootsweb.com

Hopefully somebody there will be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

try Attock related search

Hi Mary,
                                    You can try our forum to ask questions related to your search:
                                    Attock News updating you with local news - Forum List - Attock News Forum

or maybe you can also try:
                                    Attock District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please let me know if I can be any help for you in your search as I visit Attock on every weekend to meet my mom and family.
                                    Best Regards,
                                    Ali Hassan

Comment

Fantastic, that's a great offer. It's not me who's asking, though, it's Keith (saba saba). I expect he'll be around later.

Comment

Nudging for Keith,

Keith, i have just looked at the map on Ali's site and Attock dose'nt look too far away from Nowsherra where my Grandmother was born

Good Luck
                                        Jacky

Comment

Working...
                                        X