Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an army service number

............550 2222

Now the above was from one of my Great Uncles early 1943.

Just got his son's Birth cert and there in the Occupation of the Father is the number and he was a Private in the Hampshire Regiment.

So what can I do next with the above number ? I'd be delighted if anyone can point me in a direction to trace the number. Are there any on-line records ?

I'm seeing one of the sisters of this chap on Sunday - would be brilliant to take some info with me.

I have absolutely NO idea if he is alove or dead - that's one of the reason's I'm looking into him. He went his own way 40+ years ago from the rest of his family.

Many thanks

Simon

I can't think of anything :o

There's no record of that number in the Gazette and if you don't have his death cert and are not his next of kin you can't get his army record.

Nope.....stumped!

Comment

Hiya Merry

What 'Gazette' is that please ?

Death records will need to be checked tomorrow.....................

Comment

Try googling for his name and service number, or his name and "Hampshire Regiment". If you're lucky it might turn up an ex-serviceman's site. I found the names of my dad's entire aircrew that way.

Comment

Gazette

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
            Try googling for his name and service number, or his name and "Hampshire Regiment". If you're lucky it might turn up an ex-serviceman's site. I found the names of my dad's entire aircrew that way.

Thank you - will try now !

Comment

No joy on the googling side of things............hmmmmm.

Will have to start looking at the Death register lists........

Comment

Working...
              X