Anyone updated their AOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone updated their AOL

Had the update yesterday and can't say i'm impressed. It's lightening quick one second and freezing/disconnecting the next.

I have tried to reply to a thread on rootschat and keep getting booted off altogether.

Heaven knows if this will work or not.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Well that worked, just had to make 3 attempts at a reply though!!!!!!!

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Glen,

a friend of mine updated his AOL and was off for 2 nights... wasnae a happy tattie... :(

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
      Raven's Family Tree

Comment

I can well imagine !! Had major probs logging on to start with, it just couldn't connect at all, then stuttered and threw me off several times, seems it has settled down now but for how long???

Fingers crossed i don't have to use the helpline, tis a nightmare to understand with the indian accents!!!!!

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

So its not just me then! I updated about 2 months ago and instead of being faster its slowed down, and I'm constantly getting the boot! Think its a disgrace.......will seriously think of changing servers altogether when this contracts up.
          Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

I keep getting a message to update, I don't think I'll bother. Will it make any difference if I don't update.

Barbara

Comment

I have this on my desktop and i had the same flash yesterday, is this an internet connection ??

I am with BT for my connection.

My computer crashed shortly after the flash and i could'nt get back on until this morning........if it is a internet connection - can i delete it of my desktop please ??

Can you tell i am not educated in computers ........................Lol :D
              Jacky

Comment

The same thing keeps happening to me I do something go oon to a different site and it will say AOL not responding going alright at the moment but do not know for how long really fed up with it it happens day in day out and it keeps freezing. I used the help line the other week and the fellow was shouting so loud I could not understand a word he said also got live help and they sent me a 26 page email most of wich I could not understand

Comment

*touches wood*

I have been with Supanet for nearly three years and have had no trouble at all..

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
                  Raven's Family Tree

Comment

I've been with AOL for over 5 years, probably nearer 7, never had any problems until Carphone warehouse took over and changed the servers in March. It's only just got back to normal for me, although my speed drops considerably still some evening.

Comment

Have been on AOL for about seven years and the first three years were fine but the last 4 years it has gone downhill to the point that I now give them about 2 on their questionaires! The last update was continually being booted out of all my usual Family history haunts and as for quicker access well I do not think that AOL know what quick means!! Think they have deteriorated quite considerably since Carphone wharehouse took over. If I could find a better server I would go but all my friends g have the same problems with other servers so....... If you do not update they pester you and then boot you out for not updating so do not know what the answer is. I have tried not updating and ended up being hounded, and then unable to log on when I desperately needed the computer.

Janet

Comment

Since my AOL at work updated there are adverts all over the place, on the box that comes up when you click to sign off for instance. Quite irritating as it used to be quite advert-free.
                        Rose

Comment

My surfing speed has got slightly better but i have always had "AOL not responding" problems.

We upgraded the package a few months ago after we said we wanted to leave them (faster speed for £5 less per month!!!!). but the new modem won't fit the pooter so still running the old modem.

We only live about 200 yards from the exchange anyway so speed should never be a problem but the worst thing is any sites with video etc (eg youtube and suchlike) are like lightning but my family history sites, especially rootschat and ancestry are painfully slooooooow.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

I have to admit that we have never had a problem with the speed of our connection and it has been very stable as well.. I have a wireless router to which the main pc (this one) is connected via an ethernet cable and my son's pc taps in via a wireless adapter plus both sons have games consoles which again tap in via wireless adapters and we have no trouble with speed...

Raven's Wiki Page
                            Raven's Family Tree

Comment

I rarely use their browser now, I use Flock practically all the time, I can just go to aol.co.uk to access my e mails. My speed is now on average 5mb during the day, it does still sometimes drop at night.

I upgraded to wireless plus last November.

Be aware that if you aren't on wireless plus as I am you have a download limit of 10gb per month. there has been much discussion of all this on Digital Spy over the past couple of months. my package gives me a 40gb
                              Last edited by geniedi; 11-05-08, 15:00.

Comment

Word of warning about AOL accounts alert message as read here;

Alert about your AOL billing information on file - AOL Phishing Scams - MillerSmiles.co.uk

The accounts alert message from this alleged AOL website is a scam, DO NOT respond !

Comment

Working...
                                X