No announcement yet.

my cousin in canada i found last year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cousin in canada i found last year.

through you lovely people,she is looking for her grandpa,norman baker found him on the 1901 census his father was called john sidney l baker and from manchester,thats all she has.can i be cheaky to ask on her behalf for help.his father had either 6/7 brothers norman being one.i have invited her over to stay as machester is on our door step.so she is saving hard.many thanks to you all brenda xxx

It's not so easy when we don't know how old he was, but I can't see anyone to fit in 1901. I also can't see any marriage for a John Sidney Baker, though there are a couple for John Sydney Baker, but both in the London area......

Comment

Bren, has your cousin got a date of birth (or approx) for Norman?

Comment

You said dad was John Sidney L Baker. There is one of those, born in Norwich, but far too late.....(1889)

Comment

Well I'm late as usual !
          Had a good look on the 1901 and 1891 censuses but couldn't see anyone who fitted

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

That chap with the third name "L" even had a son called Norman after he moved from Norfolk to Newcastle upon Tyne!! But the child wasn't born until after 1911....mmn Blair. Sorry, that's from memory! (or lack of it!)

He didn't seem to have a brother called Norman though.

Comment

l stands for laccehee i think?funny name i dont think she has any dates but she found him on the 1901 census,he was one of 6/7 his father was sidney l baker i will have to wait till she is on line sorry for not giving any more info,thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

Bren, could he be Samuel L rather than Sidney L??

Births Mar 1853
                Baker Samuel Lac__hee Norwich 4b 162

Marriages Sep 1872
                BAKER Samuel Laccobee Norwich 4b 279
                Harrison Charlotte Gertrude Norwich 4b 279

Deaths Sep 1897
                Baker Samuel Laccohee 45 Norwich 4b 100

Samuel L and Charlotte G Baker are together in 1881.

RG11; Piece: 1946; Folio: 89; Page: 9

Bother, after Charlotte (called Gertrude on later censuses) was widowed she moved to Byker, Northumberland, but no sons called Norman on any census. Maybe Norman was a grandson, or maybe this is the wrong Laccohee family? There are others directly connected with this lot around on FreeBMD, so I expect these are some of your cousin's relatives, even if not direct!!

Comment

Maybe Samuel is related to John Sidney, his brother or some such?
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

i am causing you problems i will email her and invite her to join then she can ask for herself many thanks for all the work you have done brenda xxx

Comment

That's a good idea! (Another new member )

Comment

merry i have her now how does she get here as you dont have to invite anymore?brenda xx

Comment

merry norman l baker was born oct 7th 1913 he was the son of john baker and lily blair they went to canada 1919,she is looking for decendants of john baker.she is googling to try and get in brenda xxx

Comment

How exciting .... a new member as the plot unfolds ....

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

she is waiting to be activated how long will it take brenda xxx

Comment

Oh, so I did have all the right people!!

Samuel Laccohee Baker, b 1853, married Charlotte Gertrude Harrison in 1873

One of their children was John Sidney L Baker, b 1889

He married Lily Blair in 1910

and they had their son Norman in 1913 and is the child I mentioned in post #6!!

Comment

not sure merry but she is coming on this board as she wants to know if laccohee is a surname or middle because 3 in the family had it as middle names.brenda xxx

Comment

Well, I'm sure!!

It's a middle name for the generations mentioned above, but may be a surname further back.

Comment

she will be here merry in a few mins i have told her to ask away hope you dont mind lol brenda xxx

Comment

What's her name, bren??

Comment

Working...
                                        X