Census competition!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census competition!!!

OH was laughing at this census image........

RG10; Piece: 2929; Folio: 4; Page: 1

In 1871 there are 70 people transcribed as "Richard Guest" in the whole of England. Five of those 70 appear on the above page! Also three quarters of those on the page have Guest as their surname!

Anyone else got any unusual census pages??

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
    OH was laughing at this census image........

RG10; Piece: 2929; Folio: 4; Page: 1

In 1871 there are 70 people transcribed as "Richard Guest" in the whole of England. Five of those 70 appear on the above page! Also three quarters of those on the page have Guest as their surname!

Anyone else got any unusual census pages??

Richard Guest is the Michelin starred head chef at The Castle Hotel in Taunton, following in the footsteps of Garry Rhodes & Phil Vickery! :D
    Last edited by Vivienne; 09-05-08, 11:49.
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Now I'm confused...is Richard a guest at the hotel, or is Guest his surname????

OC

Comment

Merry, if you look at the censuses for the Southport area you will probably find pages where they are all Rimmers, not necessarily related to each other. Not got time to look for examples just now though...
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just don't go to Yardley Hastings. In 1841, virtually every other household holds an Underwood. There are a few nice Zilpahs, Sanders & Bartleys over time, but most are John & Marys:(
          Phoenix - with charred feathers
          Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

And even in the 1950s and 60s, the hamlet of Watendlath near Keswick was entirely populated by Tysons.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
            X