AVG 8 have now loaded and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG 8 have now loaded and

On start up it loads before the broadband has linked up and AVG 8 gives an error as it cannot update, is there a way to move it down the start up list to after broadband starts?

Mine starts up before internet connection but once I'm connected it updates.

I find it's taking a lot longer to scan than the 7.5 did.
    Christine in Portugal

Comment

I have the same problem maybe we could change the time of day it updates ??

Comment

You don't seem to be able to change the time it updates like you could on the previous one.
        Christine in Portugal

Comment

Hi all I have had a look at AVG 8 again
          Click on icon on task bar, when it appears click on Tools - Advance Settings - Schedules - Update Schedules and change times
          Last edited by James; 09-05-08, 07:49.

Comment

Thanks James, i have changed my scan time now ......
            Jacky

Comment

AVG 8 free toolbar

I have just downloaded the Free Edition of AVG 8 and have now got an extra toolbar across my screen! Is this really necessary and if not does anyone know how to go about hiding it? Would add that the download was done more by luck than computer skills!!

Simple answers please for a simpleton! Sorry if I have butted in on thread but didn't know where else to post.

Lesley

Comment

Lesley, you don't say which browser you're using. If you're on Internet Explorer, then have you tried going to View - Toolbars and see if the one you don't want is listed on there so you can untick it?
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Lesley - I haven't downloaded AVG 8 yet, but all my toolbars are listed if I right click anywhere in any toolbar and i can then tick/untick them from there. You could try unticking AVG8 if it is there.

Update after reading Kite's - I was referring to the Firefox browser.
                  Gillian
                  User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thanks Kite Runner and Gillian. Will try that. I am on Internet Explorer, by the way.

Lesley

Comment

Mission accomplished!!! It gone now. Hope I have done the right thing but it was taking up so much screen space.

Lesley

Comment

Working...
                      X