edgar lowe 1898?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edgar lowe 1898?

Edgar Lowe was my Nana's second husband[Doris Poole] he was born abt 1898 he was the son of Ralph and Marion lowe,she was born 1870, do believe she could have been Ralph's cousin.Ralph was born 1869 abt.Ralph was the son of Robert Fergus Lowe born 1847.Could anyone tell me where did family come from is it england or Scotland and where was Edgar born and what year he married Doris Poole..Liz
    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 08-05-08, 15:27. Reason: removed name of probable living person

What year was their daughter born?
    Elaine

Comment

Everything's a negative for me at the moment.....I can't see any evidence of these people in England/Wales or Scotland (I've not looked at Scotlands People though)

Do you know when/where Edgar died?

Was Poole Doris' maiden surname, or her first married name?

Comment

If you know when their daughter was born then you can work backwards from her date of birth to look for Edgar and Doris's marriage - it doesn't come up on FreeBMD so you would have to look through quarter by quarter.

(By the way, is their daughter still alive? If so, then we should remove her name from the thread)

The nearest I can see on 1901 is this family, but the father's name is given as Robert, not Ralph:
        47 Waterloo Road, Leyton, Essex
        Robert Lowe Head M 37 Schoolmaster Oxford Banbury
        Marion E Lowe Wife M 30 Kent New Cross
        Edgar " Son S 4 Essex Leyton

Is that them?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hmm, I hope it isn't them, because it looks as though the father's name is Robert on his marriage to Marion E (Robert Lowe / Marion Elizabeth Hillman, West Ham Mar 1894) and tracing him back to 1871, it looks as though his parents were called John and Mary Ann!
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
            The nearest I can see on 1901 is this family, but the father's name is given as Robert, not Ralph:
            47 Waterloo Road, Leyton, Essex
            Robert Lowe Head M 37 Schoolmaster Oxford Banbury
            Marion E Lowe Wife M 30 Kent New Cross
            Edgar " Son S 4 Essex Leyton

Is that them?
            And the above Robert's parents are John Lowe (gardener) and his wife, mary Ann.

I would have been tempted to imagine the family were from Scotland, but can't see them on the census records.

Comment

I've just been given some helpful info by Kite who had to go out......are these people to do with you, Liz?

Births Dec 1899
              Poole Doris Rose Cirencester 6a 405

Marriages Jun 1919
              Poole Doris R Warwick Watford 3a 2148
              Warwick Herbert H Poole Watford 3a 2148

Death:
              Doris Rose Lowe
              Birth Date: 9 Sep 1899
              Death Registration: Dec 1994
              Age at death: 95
              Alton Hampshire
              Reg Number: 20C
              Entry Number: 24

Comment

Liz, I've removed the name of the child of Doris and Edgar Lowe as she may still be alive and we don't allow postings about living people on this site.

I think all we need to know is that Doris Poole/Warwick and Edgar Lowe should have been married by 1941

Comment

I've just realised there are several threads about this family on here already!

So, Liz....do you know if your mother remembered her father at all?

Have you trawled the GRO indexes looking for a death for Herbert Warwick?

I can see that you haven't found a marriage cert for Doris and Edgar. Have you trawled the indexes for that at all? (I've just done 1936-1942 inc but found nothing.)

Maybe either Doris or Edgar (or both ) were not free to marry when they had their child together?

Comment

Christine Lowe Died early 70's cancer.herbert and doris 1'st marriage ,i did quiet and extensive search for this family,could not find marriege for doris and edgar,believe they are married by 1941 on my mum depol papers 1941 dec,doris says my husband edgar lowe.herbert warwick died 1976 have a lot of contact with his family .doris and edgars daughter was born in chippenham,4th quarter 1941.liz

Comment

Ah I see......do you know for how long after your mum's birth Herbert Warwick was with the family? (Might shorten the time frame for the marriage of Edgar and Doris!)

Do you know when Edgar died?

Comment

So your mum's surname was changed by deed poll to Lowe in 1941?

I've just done 1931-1935 of the marriage indexes. If Edgar and Doris had been married for a long time before they had their child, then it's surprising they had not had other children before 1941.

I wonder if I should be looking a lot harder at 1940/41 marriages? Maybe Edgar wasn't his first name and I should also be looking at Poole and Warwick as well? It's always possible their marriage record didn't make it to the GRO (esp as it may have taken place during WW2).......

If you are still interested in discovering Edgar's ancestry then finding his death cert might turn out to be important as it should have his place and date of birth recorded on it. I've still had no luck with the names you gave at the start of this thread. Where did you get the information from?

Comment

Working...
                        X