Got my baby back YES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my baby back YES

Got my laptop back which was a nice surprise but ooer it had a new motherboard fitted and it had gone back to 2004 which meant all my updates had gone too!!!!
    Tried to upgrade to AVG 8 but had to install a patch for Vista
    I also found 57 problems to do with windows ??
    Why oh why dont they make sure everything works right before sending them back?????????
    Or am I expecting miracles from PC World. ???
    Plus the bloke that delivered it said you wont get any more problems now but just in case you do here is a return label ?????
    Not exactly inspired confidence in me .

Hi Val
    Great news that is back hope it lasts this time.
    I have had really bad experiences with PC World and wouldn't buy anything from them ever again, I always buy DELL now and the are fantastic, last laptop needed a new motherboard was away about 4 days and was perfect when it came back, just had to reload my own software.
    Really hope you are the exception to what seems their usual level of service.

Tracey

Comment

what annoys me is the way its brought back without them checking its fine .
      It took me about 2 hours to put it all right what with the patches I had to install for msn and so on and the windows updates which had mysteriously disappeared.
      My AVG was completely out of date too
      Not good for a laptop only 4 months old now.
      I shant be going there for my next one no way.

Comment

Well, Id never considered Dell before Val, but Ive been well pleased with their customer service since I bought this one and it was a bargain price - got £50 off by googling for a discount code then they gave me free speakers cos Id forgotten (didnt realise) to order them and then a complete new tower unit plus they sent spare discs, keyboard and mouse which I offered to return but they said keep them. Hope it continues this good - oh and 3 years on site repairs.

Comment

blimey Heather thats amazing, I am thinking of selling this one and buying another will see about it

Comment

Working...
          X