Any ideas for finding this death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas for finding this death

My nan had 15 children have found all the births marriages and deaths except for one , who has now become a major annoyance to me .
    Any ideas please ???
    George Arthur Miller born 09/05/1899 28 Windsor Place Shoreditch, married in 1935 Kensington then dumped her for having an affair with his brother .
    Last know living in the Brixton area in the late 50s possible early 60s with a Winnifred unknown , not sure if they married or not .
    I really would like to complete all the details on this family .
    Quite willing to do look ups on findmypast or ancestry in return if I can solve this last link.
    Thanks a lot

The two obvious ones, if you have an exact address in Brixton, is to check the electoral roll to see how long he was there.

Otherwise, unless he died 1984-2005, its a boring trawl through each quarter of every year till you find him I guess.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I've done the trawling Nell I reckon his wife or girlfriend did not know his date of birth because nothing matched .
      I may have found his address on the directories I think ,which was about up to 1972 thanks.

Comment

My grandfather's date of birth was out by a year, so such errors are possible.

Comment

And, of course, without the death cert you don't know WHO registered the death. It mightn't have been a close family member at all.

Comment

thats true !!! she could have died before him and i dont know her surname .
            My fathers is wrong too as the lady he lived with was out by a year.

Comment

Working...
            X