Sussex ancestors? Interesting site Ringmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sussex ancestors? Interesting site Ringmer

I was just having a google for a photo of the village church of Ringmer in East Sussex when I came across a village site - it is really good and has many early marriages from mid 16th century, lists of village worthies, 1786 Land Tax (one of mine - woo hoo), well worth looking at - found some of my family names scattered about on there. Can someone wiki it for me please?

Ringmer's Village Website
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 06-05-08, 17:42.

Not my bit of Sussex, but can't really complain as Wickham Skeith PRs are available on spreadsheet, must be something about Sussex!
    Mavis
    Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
      I was just having a google for a photo of the village church of Ringmer in East Sussex when I came across a village site - it is really good and has many early marriages from mid 16th century, lists of village worthies, 1786 Land Tax (one of mine - woo hoo), well worth looking at - found some of my family names scattered about on there. Can someone wiki it for me please?

Ringmer's Village Website
      Hi Heather - it's now wiki'd (Sussex page at http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/Sussex)

Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Thanks Joan.

Have to agree, there are certain counties who seem to really have good records available on line and Sussex is definitely one of them. I was well chuffed with the Poor Laws they had on line with details of settlement certs etc.

Comment

Working...
        X