No announcement yet.

What happened to Christian MacPherson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Christian MacPherson?

I've been revisiting some "old" twigs on my tree, trying to add missing info, but am struggling with this one.........

I have been unable to find this person's marriage or anything for her in 1891.....

Christian MacPherson was born in 1840 in Rochdale.

1841 and 1851, with parents.
    HO107; Piece 550; Book: 15; Enumeration District: 9; Folio: 12; Page: 17; Line: 19
    HO107; Piece: 2250; Folio: 77; Page: 15

1861 with widowed father.
    RG9; Piece: 2643; Folio: 83; Page: 26

1871 with her sister.
    RG10; Piece: 3879; Folio: 68; Page: 37

Some time between 1871 and 1881 she seems to have married Duncan Kennedy, and they are together in 1881 (no children. Duncan b 1840ish, Scotland, occ joiner & builder emp 6 men):
    RG11; Piece: 4024; Folio: 101; Page: 28

I can't find Christian, or a def match for Duncan Kennedy, in 1891.

In 1901 she is at her father's home with all her surviving siblings (and no spouses) and is listed as married, not widowed.
    RG13; Piece: 3672; Folio: 161; Page: 29

I think the family may have gathered as her father was dying (he died on 18th April 1901)

Christian died in 1904 in Manchester district.

I have not found any member of this family moving outside of Lancashire or Cheshire, though Christian's father was from Edinburgh and her mother was from Dorset.

Any ideas, anyone???
    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 05-05-08, 21:35.

Merry, I haven't found her in 1891, but her marriage - Scotland's People says it has a match for a Duncan Kennedy / Christina MacPherson marriage in 1873.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

HI Merry and Kiterunner

I had spare credits for Scots site and have a copy of the marrige cert if you wish to pm me for details.
      WendyP

Comment

Oooh, thank you Kite and Wendy

Wendy, that is really kind of you, thanks! I will pm you.

If they married as early as 1873 and had no children with them in 1881 it looks likely they never had any, which makes it slightly less important to be to find them in 1891.......(though it's always annoying when people go missing!)

Comment

HI Merry,

Email on its way. Thankyou for your kind offer but my lot stayed in Yorkshire.
          WendyP

Comment

Thanks for the image Wendy, I have emailed you back

Comment

HI Merry

I've just taken a look at that 1901 census were Christina/Christian is with her father, to my eyes it does show her as being a WIDOW.
              WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
                HI Merry

I've just taken a look at that 1901 census were Christina/Christian is with her father, to my eyes it does show her as being a WIDOW.
                I must have had a mental abberation when writing my initial post!! When I read your post I thought, "What's Wendy talking about? Of course Christian was a widow"......only to see I had written the complete opposite! lol.....so sorry :o......One of the things I had meant to say, but didn't, was that I couldn't find a death for Duncan Kennedy between 1881 and 1901 that fitted!

Comment

Working...
                X