Tommy Fellows - Home Child.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Fellows - Home Child.

On Teletext this morning, there's a lady in Canada who's discovered a photo of a young lad, a hired hand who worked for the family, in amongst her deceased parents' things. She'd like to reunite this photo with his family.

Her name is Lynne and her address is latkins@xcelco.on.ca

(Don't know if this is the right forum - here? or General? or both? I'll let the Mods decide.)

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Do you mind if I put your message on the British Home Child mailing list?

George
    Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.

Comment

No, I don't mind at all. I'm only passing on what I read on Teletext.

I hope people will feel free to post it in as many places as possible - there must be some rellies who'd love this photo - I know I would if he were one of mine.

So, post away!

Bee.
      Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
      COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Could he be this one on the Ingeneas database?

41462 FELLOWS Thomas born 1853
        1901 census Quebec

...or maybe...

Home Children (1869-1930)
        Immigration Records

Name: Fellows
        Given Name: Thomas Henry
        Sex: M
        Ship: Melita
        Year of Arrival: 1923
        Departure Port: Southampton
        Departure Date: 07 April 1923
        Arrival Port: Quebec
        Arrival Date: 15 April 1923
        Party: Barnardos
        Destination: Toronto and Peterborough, Ontario
        Comments: First party in 1923, 132 boys and 12 girls
        Source: Library and Archives Canada
        Reference: RG 76 B 1 a
        Microfilm: C-4716
        Paul Barton, Special Agent

Hear my themetune on http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/dickbarton.wav

Comment

More likely the second, I'd have thought. If so, my father went out on that ship the previous year - small world! (We seem to be 'chatting in duplicate' - here and GR!)

If you don't mind, I'll send that info to the lady who has the photo - she may be interested in your Special Detection abilities!

Bee.
          Bee~~~fuddled.

Comment

Working...
          X